Steve from SW Victoria

Hi all,

Just come across from Prelude Australia, due to all the site technical issues they're having. Many have gone to a Facebook page, but I've gotta say that I'm not a lover of Facebook, due to a lot of issues that I see on it through my work.

Now it wouldn't be hard to guess that I'm a Prelude owner - in all its H22a1 glory! Just LOVE that motor and its willingness to rev!

I've seen some great write-ups online, that originated here - lookin' forward to many more!

Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    welcome abourd,are you any relation to Snoop_gee?

yes h22a is a sweet motor indeed,any pics of the lude?

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    welcome abourd,are you any relation to Snoop_gee? yes h22a is a sweet motor indeed,any pics of the lude?
    No - no relation; the gee just abbreviates my surname, which starts with a G. Now - let's see if Photobucket plays nice? http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...psf2ddcedc.jpg
    Last edited by steve-gee; 13-07-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I like H's
    But hesitant to buy an engine for a swap
    Hate how it eats piston rings
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    I like H's But hesitant to buy an engine for a swap Hate how it eats piston rings
    Not claiming to be an expert here; but there were many on the PA forum who praised them for their longevity. Some even suggested that low kms were not important in a buying decision - something I personally disagreed with. Though I haven't had my 4G for that long - my plan is to buy only top quality synthetic oils and good filters and change every 5000k's.

Cheers

Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    Not claiming to be an expert here; but there were many on the PA forum who praised them for their longevity. Some even suggested that low kms were not important in a buying decision - something I personally disagreed with. Though I haven't had my 4G for that long - my plan is to buy only top quality synthetic oils and good filters and change every 5000k's.

Cheers

Steve
    Does your 4th gen suffer from electrical problems (ie faulty fuel reading. faulty brake light warning switch etc.)
    Gratz on the buy
    i like the 4th gen over the 5th gen

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Does your 4th gen suffer from electrical problems (ie faulty fuel reading. faulty brake light warning switch etc.) Gratz on the buy i like the 4th gen over the 5th gen
    I have a faulty dash clock - the hour keeps counting up FAST; been told it's common and can be fixed by soldering dry joints on the clock rear. And from time to time the 4WS light comes on, but it's easily reset by disconnecting the battery for a short period. Likewise it can apparently be rectified by soldering the rear? Seems as though soldering quality was not good in the 90's with Honda?

Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    does your speedo almost hit 120 in second? hehe those cars are such beasts

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    I have a faulty dash clock - the hour keeps counting up FAST; been told it's common and can be fixed by soldering dry joints on the clock rear. And from time to time the 4WS light comes on, but it's easily reset by disconnecting the battery for a short period. Likewise it can apparently be rectified by soldering the rear? Seems as though soldering quality was not good in the 90's with Honda?

Steve
    Also the capacitors in the circuit board were subpar and would leak everywhere
    But who wants to take the dash apart :P
    Thats why the 5th gen went back to 'normal' style dash etc.

www.OzAccord.net/forum