Thread: D15B2 vs D15B4

D15B2 vs D15B4

so in all honesty beside a diff cam and only 1 carb what else am I missing here oh and 1 kw

I thought b2 was efi. Thats what Wikipedia says anyway.
    B4 is 74kw at 5200rpm and 122nm at 3800rpm vs b2 @ 66kw at 6000rpm and 119nm at 4700rpm.

oh ok. I was told that was the us market over here they were a single carb version I was looking into cams for the d15b4 and obviously there is none but there is heaps for the b2 so this is why im asking as if there is no diff beside the carb then cams would be a option

In theory you can fit any d series sohc 16v cam to your d15b4 so long as it has a fuel pump lobe on the cam.
    You can fit a efi d series cam aswell, but then you will need a electric fuel pump and block off the old mech fuel pump hole on the head.
    Also grab a adjustable cam gear to be able to dial in your new cam.

Which ones are you looking at?

Im not too sure seen a few posts people saying use cams for the SOHC zc but I want something that's going to go well with some new carbs looking at quad r1 40mm carbs

Sounds cool. Im guessing that people recommend sohc zc cams as they are cheap and the most aggressive factory sohc cam profile. You can still go aftermarket like a bisimoto cam or get your own cam reground here from a place like clive cams etc.
    D15 with quads will be awesome.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    D15 with quads COULD be awesome. Get yourself some big comp from the pistons and an angry cam.

that's sorta my plan but my mechanic was saying stock carbs are ok and can be fine tuned so I might advoid quad carbs for now