Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[FD] What exhaust do you have?

Just curious about what kind if exhaust do people have for their FD1/2

I'm trying to look for a decent muffler/axleback for my FD1
    but being a complete car noobie I'm having trouble finding one.

I'm also having trouble finding a decent priced one. I've had a look on ebay and you can find the big brands going for over $1000 for catbacks such as J's racing, Skunk2, 5zigen.

I'm just wondering if we can use the USDM civic exhausts for our FD civics.

Same, I'm not looking for catbacks either too expensive for me :/

But I'm thinking of the tanabe universal muffler but I'm not sure if it'll fit and not to keen on looking for someone for wielding, trying to look for those bolt on axle backs to make life easier :')

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Go to an exhaust shop and get a quote. Choose decent brands of mufflers depending on what sort of sound you want.

It's not as expensive as you think
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by lelhenry View Post
    Just curious about what kind if exhaust do people have for their FD1/2

I'm trying to look for a decent muffler/axleback for my FD1
    but being a complete car noobie I'm having trouble finding one.
    I know you're new and probably havent seen this topic been brought up before but, Everyone
    always asks for axleback advice and I alwas tell them the same thing. Changing Axleback only WONT make an noise difference.
    This is me speaking from experience. I had a xForce Twinloop axleback and then when I got rear ended that muffler was damaged
    So my insurance paid me out for it and I decided to get a Varex muffler. From Twinloop to Varex was barely any different and car was
    still close to stock. The only way to hear a difference is put an Intake System OR Remove 1 or 2 resonator/s.

This is my FD2 with one out of two Resonator removed. With a Varex Muffler
    I now have all resonators removed and it is making 110DB at 5,000 Revs. Dunno if you want it that loud though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBe7...fgUNQKzaNGiU5g
    Last edited by Honda_FD; 17-07-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    I know you're new and probably havent seen this topic been brought up before but, Everyone
    always asks for axleback advice and I alwas tell them the same thing. Changing Axleback only WONT make an noise difference.
    This is me speaking from experience. I had a xForce Twinloop axleback and then when I got rear ended that muffler was damaged
    So my insurance paid me out for it and I decided to get a Varex muffler. From Twinloop to Varex was barely any different and car was
    still close to stock. The only way to hear a difference is put an Intake System OR Remove 1 or 2 resonator/s.

This is my FD2 with one out of two Resonator removed. With a Varex Muffler
    I now have all resonators removed and it is making 110DB at 5,000 Revs. Dunno if you want it that loud though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBe7...fgUNQKzaNGiU5g

Wow! I really liked the sound of your muffler. I was planning to get a intake instead of a muffler for my FD1 at the start but I got afew feedbacks saying its not worth it for the fd1.

But yeah.. Can you just go to any mechanic that specialize in exhaust and ask them to remove 1 resonator and install a muffler?
    What was the price range to do so btw :3

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    We'll I bought his cracked muffler, changing the muffler alone didn't do shit. I got one of my resonators removed which cost $50
    I don't even know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lelhenry View Post
    Wow! I really liked the sound of your muffler. I was planning to get a intake instead of a muffler for my FD1 at the start but I got afew feedbacks saying its not worth it for the fd1.

But yeah.. Can you just go to any mechanic that specialize in exhaust and ask them to remove 1 resonator and install a muffler?
    What was the price range to do so btw :3
    Removing a resonator Costs about $50 (What NeedVtec Said)
    Price may be different depending where you live. As of the muffler, It depends what you want aswell.
    You can get a nameless/Australian branded one that ranges from $50 and goes all the way to a few hundred
    or you can get a Japanese branded one that can range from couple of bucks to a few hundred. Find something secondhand on facebook
    and save yourself money. I got the Varex because I can adjust the Volume on that. No one wants to listen to a loud car at 6am when I wake up for work.

Why is an Intake System a waste of money? Gives you awesome induction noise. Its a Honda... If it doesnt go fast at least make it sound good lol
    Just buy a cheap kit or even DIY your own. Go to the wrecker and buy the lid of the airbox and cut it up.

That sound.....
    (Not my car)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRMcTPvWvVs

This is mine with windows up. Intake is loud as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxDn...fgUNQKzaNGiU5g
    Last edited by Honda_FD; 18-07-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Price may be different depending where you live. As of the muffler, It depends what you want aswell.
    You can get a nameless/Australian branded one that ranges from $50 and goes all the way to a few hundred
    or you can get a Japanese branded one that can range from couple of bucks to a few hundred. Find something secondhand on facebook
    and save yourself money. I got the Varex because I can adjust the Volume on that. No one wants to listen to a loud car at 6am when I wake up for work.

Why is an Intake System a waste of money? Gives you awesome induction noise. Its a Honda... If it doesnt go fast at least make it sound good lol
    Just buy a cheap kit or even DIY your own. Go to the wrecker and buy the lid of the airbox and cut it up.

That sound.....
    (Not my car)

hmm guess I might reconsider and get a intake..
    Do you know if simota carbon charger will fit into fd1??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SIMOTA-CA...f9bb717&_uhb=1

it says fd2 on the page but some people have said it fits into fd1 but im not too sure :S

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2

That sound.....
    (Not my car)

Off topic but where did you get that mud guard? LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Mine's stock at the moment, but I'm opting to get it done at an exhaust shop (Performance Exhaust in Vermont). They quoted me $640 for a stainless steel mandrel bent catback exhaust system - increasing pipe diameter by 0.25 inch, a larger resonator, muffler, and tip.

I'm choosing this route purely because of cost (I can't justify buying a Japanese exhaust system for >$1000) and local warranty.

I've heard a DC5 with the resonator removed and a Mugen twin loop installed and (to me) it sounded really nice - deeper/throatier sound but not that much louder, which is the same result I'm aiming for.

I've heard Honda_FDs system and it sounds really sweet...and really loud when the butterfly valve is opened lol.
    (Varex mufflers are awesome, but remember they're illegal.)

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    ive got FD civic J's racing 60rs exhaust system on mine which was owned previously by one of the memebers here.

sounds quiet and idle and loud when high rev.

ive got a another js exhaust catback which a mate didnt want. its on my sale thread