Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

Recommended wheelaligner, southern Brisbane.

I hit a kangaroo.

Fortunately I was not the first, or probably in the first few, but I hit a big lump very hard.

South of Logan Village, on some of the lovely new road near the new Yarrabilba development. At about 100 Km/H I was coming up behind a truck to overtake. The truck pulled a little left to just miss the roo carcass, but hid it completely from me as I was pulling out to overtake.

I hit the thing very hard, with a really heavy crash from the front right suspension. There is no body damage I can find, & I have run it up on the ramps & can not see any suspension damage either. However I can't believe it will not have put the alignment out.

Can anyone recommend an alignment operator down this way I should use to check it out?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Well as I now have found a good aligner I'll answer my own question.

I had to use the car to do an airport run, up the Gold Coast expressway, & the arterial expressway. The car was as twitchy as hell, diving all over the road, at the slightest bump. Still OK turning, but horrible in a straight line, I thought it must be toeing out miles.

I had used Bob Jane T Mart in Beenleigh for the Triumphs, but strut front & live axle rear, you don't have to be much good to do one of them. But with no advice coming, I had to go somewhere.

This is one place where they don't mind you watching them at work, so I kept a close eye on the young bloke on the aligner. It was immediately obvious this was not his first S2000, he knew where things were.

I was surprised how little it was out, considering how badly it was driving. Just 1.9mm toe out on the front, & the right rear toeing in 1.5 mm too much. All the rest were out but by very little. We set it up with 1.5mm toe in on the front, rather than zero, & the rest by the book.

Driving home it was like I'd bought a new car. I had heard how sensitive these things are to alignment, but this is ridiculous. It is tracking straight, & much more relaxed in a straight line. The turn in, which I'd thought was still fine, is just so much better.

Anyone who doubts these things are sensitive to alignment, let me assure you, it is all true. If you have tried an S2000, & didn't like it, go try one that has the alignment right.

If you are on the south side of Brisbane, & need an alignment on anything, but can't get advice on a good aligner, give Bob Jane in Beenleigh a try. This bloke is good.