Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    V551 just came out like a year ago..... Maybe they meant the V550? Having said that, Yokohama are moving their whole range to the Orange Oil based tyres so perhaps there is going to be a replacement.

I can't recommend Bob Jane though, I mean I heard people talk about how slap dash their wheel alignments were, but I thought I would be safe with 4 new tyres. Took the car in yesterday, said specifically that the spare had a puncture in it, the guy at the counter marked it on the sheet, but the guys out the back didn't even check it. Not impressed.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Beidgestone is where its at
    Or tyrepower
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3.Good all round tyre nice and quiet too.
    Toyo TEO plus also not bad tyre(made in Japan)
    Hey Tony, how much you pay for the PS3??

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Hey Tony, how much you pay for the PS3??
    Sorry cant remember Ron.But Tyreplus have special ATM up to $100 fuelcard for 4 tyres bought.Offer ends 31st.July.Here's the link
    http://www.tyreplus.com.au/news/$100-promotion/
    Prices from $229-$249/tyre that's without any haggling.
    Last edited by tony1234; 26-07-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Yeah, I saw that on the Michelin website.

Called up Jax tyre and Tyre Power, and Jax is cheaper even after deducting the $100 voucher

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro (CL9)
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - you wont regret it!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    Not on C grade country roads and gravel... thats like running slicks in wet for those high performance tarmac tyres.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    If only I lived in an area with more acceptable road conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Not on C grade country roads and gravel... thats like running slicks in wet for those high performance tarmac tyres.
    Very true

Thanks guys
    So far some good ideas

Last few days driving home temp has been around -4 with scattered black ice in a couple of spots , all the pot holes are full of water and frozen solid !!
    Plus a spout of snow last week lol wtf

In saying that
    Tyres are shitty budget ones that it came with quite a while ago and front right is now unroadworthy =(
    Missed out on the buy 3 get one free deal cause rego had to come in didn't it lol
    So still looking for the best tyre for these conditions

Also anyone got any info on why people change their tyre size while keeping the stock rim size ? And would I benefit from this at all?
    Trying to take everything into account
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9-47 View Post
    Last few days driving home temp has been around -4 with scattered black ice in a couple of spots , all the pot holes are full of water and frozen solid !!
    Snow/Icy and greasy roads..... it's a death wish to run Michelin Pilot Sports and (insert high performance summer tyre here) in those conditions.

Most people just don't get it here, they think "OMG SPORTS TYRES!!!"

those are the retards that endup in a ****ing ditch on the way to Thredbo.

Tyres are shitty budget ones that it came with quite a while ago and front right is now unroadworthy =(
    Missed out on the buy 3 get one free deal cause rego had to come in didn't it lol
    So still looking for the best tyre for these conditions
    You need a "ALL SEASON" tyre, which is a different ball game to the summer-only tyres

Pity lot of the best of the all season tyres never come to Australia.

IM talking likes of ContiExtremeContact DWS (Dry/Wet/Snow), or Pirelli P Zero Nero ALL Season etc.

Give this a read
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=119

Also anyone got any info on why people change their tyre size while keeping the stock rim size ? And would I benefit from this at all?
    Trying to take everything into account
    Cheers[/QUOTE]

they go a wider side usually cause it's cheaper.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 06-08-2014 at 01:02 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

IMHO, you need snow chains going up Thredbo...
    I usually park the car at the bottom of the hill and take the tube up Perisher to ski, cheaper and safer for me.

Performance summer tyre are good enough for most Sydney folks as we have mild winter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi,
    I couldn't make up the mind which tyres to get on the regular 225/45 R17. Got some of the following in mind.
    Yokohama Advan V105 Sport
    Goodyear F1 Asym 2
    Pirelli P Zero
    Continental Sport Cotact 5

Currently using Bridgestone RE001, dry is doing better than RE040, but wet is worst
    Looking for decent price but better performance than Bridgestone. I'm not a racer, just want some good tyres in case when sxxx happens eg. avoiding crashes. What do you guys think?