Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro

Windscreen washer not working

So I just realised that my windscreen washer is not working. It makes the pump sound as you pull back the lever however no water comes out from the jets. I did top up the windscreen reservoir however it still did not work.

However, I did realise that water was leaking from both sides of the car behind the tyres from the inner fender where the mudflaps are supposed to be. What could be the cause of this? I only noticed the leak yesterday when I was trying to use the washers. This is only recent issue as it has always worked in the past...

Suggestions? Also I am not a DIY guy so if you do suggest I do something to it, please tell me how as well lol.

I have a feeling I might need to do something like this though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cztsUoeYjCI
    Last edited by Rooster; 19-07-2014 at 11:04 PM.
    IN NSW WE TRUST

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    If u said you can hear the pump sound when u engage the windscreen washer then it might just be a blockage in the lines due to dirty water, broken lines/worn out windscreen washer pump grommet , lines disconnected at one of the connectors, if I was you I would try having someone pull the lever to engage the washer while u jump under the car and look in the engine bay to see where the water is coming from , could be as simple as reattaching a hose , if it is something stuck in the lines I would undo the line at the windscreen washer jets and undo the line at the pump ( the video you added gives good advice on how to gain access to the bottom of the windscreen washer reservoir and pump)
    And then once you have completely disconnected the hose from the system go to the end that the water comes out and blow , have used this method to dislodge crap for my cars washer system in the past.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    Thanks, I might try and remove the fender part and see if there is anything wrong there and will inspect the hose that links to the jets too, I find it odd that water was leaking from both sides of the car though.
    IN NSW WE TRUST

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic type R
    Also check your windscreen jets on your bonnet from time to time the get clogged
    From dust and occasionally sediments from your washer bottles water.
    Sometimes you can unclogged them using light compressed or using a sewing needle to poke the outlet hole to unclog it .
    Cheers