Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo

Question 5th Gen Full Exhaust System

Hey guys,

Probably get this question a lot but would and X-Force exhaust be a good addition for a 5th Gen Prelude? I've been told by various people it's good and others not so good.

People have been telling me what size to go as well. Some people say 2.25", 2.5" and 2.75". I'm confused as to what size would be best. From what I recall 2.25" is the standard size. Some people have said that 2.75" would be good because it will be better for a 2.2.

Anyone with any experience, don't be afraid to leave any information here.

Cheers
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the standard size is 2"

i had a 2.25" and it was decent for the lower gains

2.5" would probably be better for mid/high

xforce is OK but do consider what a custom exhaust costs, i paid 350 for a custom mild steel catback (supplying own muffler)...

Food for thought
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Well my main preference is to have 2.5" with 100 cell cat and a X-Force twinloop. I'm just a bit indecisive about what headers/extractors to get. I'm mainly looking at the X-Froce or PLM.
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I got a 2.5 cat back and feels naice

Got big resonator though

Don't worry about extractors lad, stock ones fine
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Really? But personally I'd rather have a full exhaust, that's just me. If I don't, might just paint my crummy head shield matte black than.

I got custom headers/exhaust? all the way down to the cat, then the stock pipes from the cat back.
    quiet as fec
    but sounds like a monster when vtec hits.
    awesome.
    I second the thought for headers

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    xforece headers are known to crack at the lower mounting point

They're also nothing particularly special compared to what else u can get

i was trying to sell of my PLM's before, you shoulda jumped on that! :P
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

from what i've read (no personal experience) the only real headers we can get for our cars is the tri-y,
    as its the only one that's held up after a year or two. and they go upwards of 700 bucks.
    People have had luck with others, eBay, megan, DC but the results seem very mixed, either hit or miss with these items

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Yes stock headers are fine and stronger IMO, 2.25 for every day driving but 2.5 for those with heavy foot, main thing is to get a better flowing muffler.
    What a coincidence, I happen to have a Supersprint 2.25 from the US bolt on for sale
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmods View Post
    Yes stock headers are fine and stronger IMO, 2.25 for every day driving but 2.5 for those with heavy foot, main thing is to get a better flowing muffler.
    What a coincidence, I happen to have a Supersprint 2.25 from the US bolt on for sale
    How many dolans are you considering for this piece of metal?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    nice!
    part time potato