Haltech EMS Question

I have purchased a Haltech EMS from a fellow S2000 owner and he has had it tuned for his S2000. The car had almost identical mods as mine but a newer engine with half the KM's of my engine.

-Would it be safe to put this on my car without any issue ?
    -He also had 2 tunes programmed, one for 98 unleaded and one for E85. How do I switch between the tunes? I want to make sure the 98 tune is selected as default.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Unless it's got a flex fuel system and has it enabled, You'll have to go through the ECU Manager software and upload the correct tune or look around within the parameters and see if there's a toggle. You cannot verify what's correct (unless you are certain of what that ECU last saw), or you are able to recognise all the fuel and timing maps.

It would be very, very wise to have it checked through on a dyno by a tuner before driving hard. last thing you want is to have a blown engine because 'the internet said it would be ok'

Worst case scenario, you upload the basemap available from Haltech and take it to the tuner with that
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    We fitted a new Haltech to the 4.6L Triumph TR8 a couple of years back, when the old one would not let us in to tune it.

We had fitted big injectors, a new ignition system, a new inlet system & bigger throttle body.
    It was Christmas, so we couldn't get onto a dyno anywhere, so tuned it with a laptop on an isolated back road.

It had always had an overheating problem in city traffic, which we cured completely by richening the low revs small throttle opening mixture dramatically. at 1400 RPM it was getting over double the fuel, with OK emissions. I could then drive it into the city at peak hour, with the air conditioning going full bore.

My son pinched it taking it to Sydney. 5 months later, after fitting a new exhaust from the extractors back he finally got it on a dyno. It only needed a little tweaking at the top end, which we obviously couldn't do on the public road, to produce 330BHP. It is now quite happy to putter into town, although it is doing 13 second quarters.

You can check these things yourself, it is not really black magic. We had surprised ourselves with our success with the thing. I would now rather do it myself, if I don't have access to a top tuner. The dyno people who had previously tuned this car obviously knew less than my son & I, at least about Rover V8s, although they came highly recommended. Of course a top professional is always preferable, if you can find out who is good. I have no idea who is any good with S2000.