Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    n/a

B18C-swapped EM1 (12k) or DC2R (11.5k)?

Thought this would be the more appropriate sub-forum for the question, probably just need someone to relay back my thoughts tbh haha

Looking to pick up a car soon and two cars have caught my eye, in particular a 99' EM1 (Body 190, xxx kms, engine 120, xxx kms) with a J-spec B18C DC2R engine and a 00' B18C7 DC2R (200, xxx kms). Both cars do in fact have comparable mods (intake, headers, exhaust, coilovers) with the EM1 having a few extras (sway bar, short shifter, s80 w/ LSD). The asking price for the EM1 is 12k, whilst the DC2R is 11.5k.

Is the EM1 really justifiable at this price range that it's more beneficial over the DC2R in terms of performance?

Sorry in advance if I'm not asking the right questions or provided enough information, will do if needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Mind you the EM1 currently has no rego

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Performance wise you will find the EM1 will be faster,

no rego may be a concern, I'm not sure of the NSW laws regarding unregistered cars getting re registered.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    EM1 coz USDM
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    DC2R.
    its iconic car for Honda.
    and i think its gonna be future classic.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    I seem to still be siding with getting the EM1 atm, is the difference between the B18C-R and the B18c7 really that much?

Does 12k sound about the right price point for it? Or does that sound quite a bit for what it's worth.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Quote Originally Posted by jv-st View Post
    I seem to still be siding with getting the EM1 atm, is the difference between the B18C-R and the B18c7 really that much?

Does 12k sound about the right price point for it? Or does that sound quite a bit for what it's worth.
    it's a bit expensive I think
    for a few extra grand you would buy other cars like ep3r, wrx, mazda 3 mps, golf gti, silvias
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Realistically, the dc2 is too cheap. And the em1 is not registrable, unless you're willing to fork out lots of money to get it mod plated and what not. Unless you know a person to chuck it over the pits in a very dodgy fashion, of which would get you defected hard if found out.

Not good examples, if I've ever seen them (based on price and brief description)

Also yes, 12k for am em1 with a b18c is stupidly expensive

Member Array
    Car:
    egg
    Wait around and get a dc2r, alot better then an em1.. can find dc2r for cheaper these days with low k's

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    lmao you're foolish to think an em1 is worth 12k, just cause it has a b18 in it lol.

if the em1 is out of rego, 12k is even more ridiculous. if its been out of rego for more than 3 months its gotta get blue slipped and thats a whole bunch of costs you dont want to pay if you dont have too.

either way, both will cost money, both are overpriced (dc2r is acceptable in a way, em1 is just grossly overpriced), it all comes down to how much you really want to spend.
    SSpamily

hehe

Honestly both cars are overpriced, Dc2rs' have been getting away with it cause they are very desirable amongst the P-plate community/fan boys (which consists of about 80-90% of DC2r owners).

Save up a little more and get a s15, or even a clean s14-a can be had for less money and has more potential. These kind of turbo cars are cheaper, due to the population that has demand for them cannot drive due to being on their P's; resulting in a lower demand and lower value.

A 14+ year old car with 200,000+km is not worth 11K+.
    Just my opinion.
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Yeah my thoughts exactly, might have to give it a miss. I wouldn't mind it as much if it was at a better price point but the owner must obviously feel like that's what his car is worth. Actually asked two others about their B18C-R swapped EM1's - both with rego - one quotes his @ 12k as well and the other @ 7.5k (PPSR check showed it had finance owing, listed as a 'security interest') :/ I may as well try and gun for the B16's at this point haha, should probably just learn to be contempt.

Cheers for the help so far guys. If anything though, what would've been a more appropriate pricepoint for a genuine B18C-swapped EM1 w/ rego? Like a roughie here