Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiEk4 View Post
    Honestly both cars are overpriced, Dc2rs' have been getting away with it cause they are very desirable amongst the P-plate community/fan boys (which consists of about 80-90% of DC2r owners).

Save up a little more and get a s15, or even a clean s14-a can be had for less money and has more potential. These kind of turbo cars are cheaper, due to the population that has demand for them cannot drive due to being on their P's; resulting in a lower demand and lower value.

A 14+ year old car with 200,000+km is not worth 11K+.
    Just my opinion.
    Except that cheap silvias are all rooted and have been flogged. You need to know a lot to be able to gather if a car is ballsed. And I doubt op has those skills/ that knowledge. As said, drift tax has hit anything drift worthy hard, as well as they have mostly all been flogged to within an inch of their life if they are stock.

Dc2rs are still worth between 10 and 15, due to that being what people are willing to pay for them. The p plater law aided that. Whether people think they are worth less or not, won't change anything. Market value is between 10 and 15. 10k for a crap ones. Market values don't change with words, they change with less interest and maybe selling cars for less than they are worth. Which nobody will do. They want to sell them for as much as they can

As for the em1, b18c civics with a fair few upgrades go for around 8k~ em1s probably around that too. Non rego and non rwc/ blueslipped? Even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    Except that cheap silvias are all rooted and have been flogged. You need to know a lot to be able to gather if a car is ballsed. And I doubt op has those skills/ that knowledge. As said, drift tax has hit anything drift worthy hard, as well as they have mostly all been flogged to within an inch of their life if they are stock.

Dc2rs are still worth between 10 and 15, due to that being what people are willing to pay for them. The p plater law aided that. Whether people think they are worth less or not, won't change anything. Market value is between 10 and 15. 10k for a crap ones. Market values don't change with words, they change with less interest and maybe selling cars for less than they are worth. Which nobody will do. They want to sell them for as much as they can

As for the em1, b18c civics with a fair few upgrades go for around 8k~ em1s probably around that too. Non rego and non rwc/ blueslipped? Even less.
    Your right it is about supply and demand, this goes for non-turbo silvias and skylines as well.
    There are a good number of s-chassis that are in good stock untrashed condition; I have had a few.

However, every single dc2r or vtec equiped honda has been trashed within an inch of its life, because they are designed to make power right at the redline. In all my years I have not seen one that hasn't been trashed, i have also owned 2 Dc2rs'; that also doesn't mean that the car will be badly looked after.

Op, if I was you I would go for bang for buck or $ to performance. Unless your on P's, then you are stuck with over priced cars.
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    DC2R any day of the week.

It's a true sports car.

EM1 is a grocery getter with a few extra ponies, even with a B18.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    fwd not sportscar sorry

track oriented coupe maybe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    OP Dont listen to these dicks.

EM1 is the most beautiful car Honda has made to date.

But considering shes unregistered and your willing to pay 12k. I think you shouldn't buy a fast car. Spend that money in getting professional help.

You will thank me at a later stage in your life.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    3 weeks too late.
    SSpamily

hehe

I only bought a DC4 because it was a cheap daily run about that cost me $5k and it had 75k kms on the clock. $12k on a Honda is ridiculous, $12k on a Nissan gets you any amount of fast Skyline's or Silvia's. P plate laws mean NA cars are worth more than what they should be.... Just buy a Silvia or a Skyline, even a JZA80 for $12k.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    I only bought a DC4 because it was a cheap daily run about that cost me $5k and it had 75k kms on the clock. $12k on a Honda is ridiculous, $12k on a Nissan gets you any amount of fast Skyline's or Silvia's. P plate laws mean NA cars are worth more than what they should be.... Just buy a Silvia or a Skyline, even a JZA80 for $12k.
    Well, no.
    12k will get you a nissan that's either had work done to it, and has been flogged to an inch of it's life. Otherwise it'll get you close to a 'stock' nissan.
    12k SHOULD get you a decently built converted civic (normally 8-9k) or a decent dc2r.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    find me a nissan for under 13k that isnt a drift pig

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    there are plenty on carsales.com.au
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    Just did a quick search man.

I've found over 2k Nissians Under 13k.

All of which are rear wheel drive and Manual and cost under 13k.