Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
Except that cheap silvias are all rooted and have been flogged. You need to know a lot to be able to gather if a car is ballsed. And I doubt op has those skills/ that knowledge. As said, drift tax has hit anything drift worthy hard, as well as they have mostly all been flogged to within an inch of their life if they are stock.

Dc2rs are still worth between 10 and 15, due to that being what people are willing to pay for them. The p plater law aided that. Whether people think they are worth less or not, won't change anything. Market value is between 10 and 15. 10k for a crap ones. Market values don't change with words, they change with less interest and maybe selling cars for less than they are worth. Which nobody will do. They want to sell them for as much as they can

As for the em1, b18c civics with a fair few upgrades go for around 8k~ em1s probably around that too. Non rego and non rwc/ blueslipped? Even less.
Your right it is about supply and demand, this goes for non-turbo silvias and skylines as well.
There are a good number of s-chassis that are in good stock untrashed condition; I have had a few.

However, every single dc2r or vtec equiped honda has been trashed within an inch of its life, because they are designed to make power right at the redline. In all my years I have not seen one that hasn't been trashed, i have also owned 2 Dc2rs'; that also doesn't mean that the car will be badly looked after.

Op, if I was you I would go for bang for buck or $ to performance. Unless your on P's, then you are stuck with over priced cars.