EK D16y4 into a 95 efi EG

hi guys, i have a spare d16y4 engine from a EK and want to put it into a 1995 SOHC efi EG. are the ecus the same OBD?? the d16y4 Ek engine is obd2a from memory.
    Last edited by vrmmmpshhh; 01-08-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    Not worth it if the efi engine is in good nick very little power gains if any at all

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Wont work, the Y4 ecu has a immobiliser which if i remember correctly cant be removed. You can run a concerto ecu but thats OBD0
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by vrmmmpshhh View Post
    hi guys, i have a spare d16y4 engine from a EK and want to put it into a 1995 SOHC efi EG. are the ecus the same OBD?? the d16y4 Ek engine is obd2a from memory.

Just use bits from the existing OBD1 EG engine onto the EK engine. It will work fine with alittle bit of swapping bits n pieces.

but why - do you have a bad / blown EG motor ?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Just use bits from the existing OBD1 EG engine onto the EK engine. It will work fine with alittle bit of swapping bits n pieces.

but why - do you have a bad / blown EG motor ?
    But what ECU can be used tho, the current motor is a 1.5L so it wont run optimal on the 1.6L motor
    OEM parts whore

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Wont work, the Y4 ecu has a immobiliser which if i remember correctly cant be removed.

The Immobiliser in the D16Y4 can be bypassed, it does require the purchase of a bypass module though.

The D16Y4 is not true OBDIIA, its sort of a custom budget ECU to suit the D16Y4.

To put a D16Y4 in the EG you can go about it two ways.

1. Use the D16Y4 intake manifold, distributor, wiring loom and ECU and custom wire it into the EG.
    2. Use the D16Y4 only and then use an OBDI engine loom (D15B7) and a distributor that suits, you will have to change the intake manifold and then use a socketed OBDI ECU with either a custom tune or find a JMD 1.6L SOHC ROM to suit.