big problem at the worse time

I was driving my honda integra dc2 vtir on a freezing cold night without heavy foot driving. Went to park up soon after, and turned off the engine.
    In a matter of 10 seconds the radiator filled itself with the boiling hot stram and then it took place. The radiator exploded with enough pressure to smash my bonet open. And the sounf oc it was like a firework booming 1 metre away from your ear. I even jumped n fell on my ass lol.

The damage I found done was the radiator had a 2cm crack and from end to end long.

Time to change it for replacement.

Anyone have same problem or experienced something of there own, please tell

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    What radiator? Stock or eBay spec? Needless to say the rest of the cooling system is what needs attention
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    and out of curiosity, did you have an aftermarket radiator cap on? i wonder if these can get stuck?

Yes it was factory stock. Ythe rest of the cooling system has been refityed with new hoeses etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Did your temp gauge shoot up to red?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

I did a little looking around. .. and finally found the problem. .. the thermostat was like jammed shut and no way in hell she was gonna open... even with force..

Changed it along with a new radiator., and she's running beautiful again. .

1 thing ive learned over the years is that I wont let anyone else work on my car.. cause everyone is full of crap, either trying to scam more cash out of yaor even don't have a clue and experience with certain cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBomba View Post
    1 thing ive learned over the years is that I wont let anyone else work on my car.. cause everyone is full of crap, either trying to scam more cash out of yaor even don't have a clue and experience with certain cars.
    So true

also did you get a genuine honda thermostat? for the sake of paying a bit more its good peace of mind