Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    of course it should be free! IF they knocked off a sensor then they better fix it!
    It wasn't these guys - I was referred to them by the audio fellas because they didn't have a reader.

Steve
    Eternity - The Wrong Thing To Be Wrong About

Gone missin'

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Holy **** if theyre that ******* and do not know how to get a code from an odb1 honda ecu (google) then i would not let them near your prelude again
    Yeah well I located the 3 pin connector - and that was the one they tried to plug into. Google says that that is the wrong one - should be 2 pin. Anyway - strangest thing - since I located the 3 pin and pulled out to where it was easy to get at - the MIL has gone away ??

Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Probably not
    Find that blue connector and short it out
    See if the ecu still has the cel stored
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    If you shorted the 3pin blue connector and the MIL went away you probably killed your ECU.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Oops :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

No shorts for me?

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    If you shorted the 3pin blue connector and the MIL went away you probably killed your ECU.
    No - Guys! No-one said anything about shorting it out?

The mechanic took a look, but was unable to plug his PC into it - because he lacked the correct connector. And I only located the 3 pin plug and moved it to where he could get at it?

Steve

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Good, you can only use that connector for the a compatible scan tool

Damn it!

Hey Guys

OK - here's the latest. I was finally able to get down to the blue plug - and to my surprise it wasn't a 3 pin - but the 2 pin (really hard for a guy my size to get in close enough to see). Anyway - I could also see what appears to be some mangling of the figure 8 cable and looks like a sleeve over it? This makes me think he has accidentally cut the cable and rejoined it - OR squashed it when he was installing my head unit!

So - I used the paperclip on it and got Error code 12. Anyone know that one?

Steve

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Everything you need to know can be found here

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...gnostics-Codes

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    Everything you need to know can be found here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...gnostics-Codes
    Thanks ECU - you're a real asset!

Steve