Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

skunk2 intake manifold +tuning = happy

dyno dave sorted me out with a skunk2 intake manifold last week, to cut a long story short, gained about 4kw everywhere with a very slight dip at the vtec crossover. peak was at 115.5kw, from about 6.5k-8.2k.

i gained 2mph and shaved one and a bit tenths off my ET with a slower 60' time and a higher ambient temperature than my previous wsid visit.
    pretty happy with the result, next step is to experiment with a new header design i think.
    And so it begins...

If you are willing to part with more info, what would help this thread would be a run down of what else has been done tot he engine..... before and after dyno plot etc.

Not sure if the full list of mods was in the previous threads about the modded IM.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    What car does it fit on?

If it's a dc2 vti-r, did you swap your ecu as well? Was going to get one but i've sold my car already

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    save needs to get back to me on the intake manifold! still waiting! stock TB?
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

full exhaust, hondata, pvc intake, skunk2 manifold, tapered vti-r throttle body and a fair bit of dyno time. thats it for the power mods.
    i didn't take the printouts from the last dyno session. so no before and after printouts.
    And so it begins...

Hey, Dynodave told me a few things about this IM and TB mod, sounds great mate.

Good to see real tangible results, and not just bullshit claims. Thumbs up Davo!

Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    full exhaust, hondata, pvc intake, skunk2 manifold, tapered vti-r throttle body and a fair bit of dyno time. thats it for the power mods.
    Thankyou....
    DLUG Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    save needs to get back to me on the intake manifold! still waiting! stock TB?
    I have not forgotten about you just waiting on a reply form the States about this setup for you.
    Regards Dyno Dave

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Integra Vti-R??

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    nice! any pics?
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

how much did it set u back thou...

price + labour

The dip at vtec cross over could probably be smoothed out by changing the vtec point+fueling to suit.