Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 legend

legend headlight

hi all, have to replace drivers side headlight in 98 legend. on searches can only find civics etc. looks like i've got to take parts of body to get bottom bolts out. honda sure make it hard for us to do simple things. any clues please. thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    usually u need to take the bumper out to do that.
    i havent got the 97 legend, but my 2005 legend is the same, in order to change head light bulbs, i need to take out the battery, washer bottle, front bumper, take the whole headlight out to change a bulb.

have you tried this ?
    http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Legend/

see if thats ur legend model.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Connor: thats the KA7 you have in the link.

For the KA9, you can usually get to the bulb without much issues. Pop rubber off, flick the retaining clip, and remove the plug end off the globe.

At most you remove the airbox, but I think that is not necessary.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    the bumper support is probably connected to the headlight brackets, so the bumper coming off would be very likely then you should have access to the headlight brackets.
    removing a bumper is pretty easy though. phillips screwdriver and 10mm socket + ratchet.

wait... is the OP talking about taking out the whole headlight assembly?

for a second there, i thought it was just the bulb.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 legend
    yes, the whole headlight. it's for a rwc. there is a small crack in it. looks like the bumper has to come off. thanks for the replies.

As per service manual.

RL9604S23121A.pdf