Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic

EK1 fuel economy

Hi guys,

I've got an auto EK1, engine is completely stock. I'm only getting roughly 400km to a tank, and I know that I should be getting anywhere between 500-600km.

A full service was completed recently to try solve the issue - spark plugs were changed as well as the auto transmission fluid but not the fuel filter.

I drive the car normally in a way that's not very taxing on the engine, and only push it occasionally now. The car has only done 145xxx kms.

I've never actually taken it to the stage where the fuel light has come on, just a bit afraid, in case it doesn't work.

Any input on how to fix this issue or what could be causing the issue would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Auto transmission isn't your downfall no?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    I thought 400km would be pretty decent from a full tank. Most Ive hit in my manual EK1 is 490km, but that was all highway driving. You didnt mention if this was mostly city driving, in which 400km would be pretty good IMHO, especially in an auto.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    I get anywhere from 350~ to 400km to a tank in my ek1. Only difference is that is mostly driving up and down hills constantly, with a little city driving. Driving up big hills uses a little.
    Most I ever got was around 600km to a tank, which was all highway driving. From melbourne to dubbo. Was getting to 550 before the fuel light came on, then had to find a fuel station. I didn't get fuel when the others did, because I was being cheap, hah.

But yeah, 400 is about normal for me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic
    Even with auto transmission I thought 400km would be too little. It's not city driving nor is it highway driving.

I recently drove it with the hope that the fuel light would come on. It didn't at all. But I got 520km out of the car and filled up 40.5L/45L at the servo.

I think my fuel level sensor might not be working because it was on the red line for over 100km

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    the fuel light is a comon problem in Ek models.

400km is about right for an auto. I use to get about 8-9ltr per 100km. The manual will get abit better.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    I get around 370-430km with 30L. Too scared to go any further cos my fuel light doesn't work. Hah