Thread: OBD Port Help

OBD Port Help

Hey guys, The dreaded check engine light has appeared on my '96 DC4 Integra. I saw a method on you tube where you can pull engine codes by bridging the port with a hair clip and causes the check engine light to flash in sequences allowing you to find the issue. (For OBD1 only)

Anyway, Im super confused, my car is A 1996 and I've been told that cars had to be equipped with OBD2 in that year, but others have told me the laws came in later to Australia, and some cars (such as mine) didn't receive OBD2 till later. My issue is how can I tell if my is OBD1 or 2?

I took some pictures of the wiring where the ports are apparently located, hopefully someone can help.

^ The blue plug which Iam meant to bridge

^This is where my OBD stuff is located

Hopefully these pictures help to the right person. Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    is the plug on the distributor one big grey plug? or two plugs? if it is one big grey plug it is odb2.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Tried looking under the glove box?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    To start with its not an OBD port, your car does not have it. It has two blue diagnostic connectors, the two pin SCS and 3 pin DLC. They are both located next to the ECU on the DC4 mounted in a green holder.