Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Fd2(aka JDM)

Lightbulb Reccomendation/ suggestions on wheels

Hi guys,
    Im changing wheels on my cl9 euro, just wanting to see what everyone recommend/suggest on wheel & tyre sizes,offsets etc.?
    I want something with stance not staggered just flush or a lil poke would do. Its my daily so I wanna try and make it legal as possible. I will be ruuning it with coilovers & rolled guards so scrubbing wont be an issue. I wont be dumping it to the ground, at least higher than 100mm legal height limit. Im not looking for work or ssr wheeks, well if theres someone selling cheap why not. My budget is more like rotas,xxr's, enkies....
    My options so far are XXR 527 18x8.75 +35
    XXR 521 18x8.5 (not sure on offset yet)
    Rota torque 18x8.5 (not sure on offset)
    Enkie rpf01 18x8.5 +30?

I don't really want to stretch the tyres. Minimum tyre size I want to use is 225/40/ or 235/40 for better grip. Cheers kris

K go!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I've got 8.5 and am running 225/40/18 and there's a tiny bit of stretch, but I prefer it. You can use 235/40R18 and it'll be a bit bigger than OEM, meaning you'll be moving faster than what your speedo says, albeit by a few %. Depending on where you are though, those few % could cost ya.

Another thing would be consider 17" if you want to track. 17" are lighter, make for make, compared to the 18", and the taller sidewalls will allow for better grip as you get a bigger contact patch. It's also good because the taller sidewalls will absorb the smaller bumps, which the stiff suspension setup for track don't like dealing with. Obviously, if you want better grip just for the sake of better grip, 225 is wider anyways, so you'll get more grip. Just note that the lower profile tyres and stock or firmer suspension means that it can be skittish on the road as road surfaces are far from smooth.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 13-08-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    Anyone got pics of their euro with XXR 521s?