Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Accord

new adelaide member with 92 accord

Hi guys,
    just joined up as i bought a 1992 honda accord for my wife, but after driving it for a few days myself i like it and she may have to find something else to drive!

main reason i dropped in was to see what parts will interchange between the accord and other hondas, as i would like to upgrade a few bits as i go (coming from subarus where there is a lot of stuff that interchanges!)

thanks for the welcome and i hope to learn a heap from everyone!
    Paul

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Hey there Paul
    Welcome to OzHonda
    Congratz on the purchase of your '92 Accord, them cb7's are awesome
    Had one myself, now I have a cd5 (5th gen)
    Pretty sure some parts of the 4th gen Prelude (92-96 BB4) will work with the accord
    I know for a fact the base model prelude shares the same F22a9 motor as yours, but with more aggressive camshaft specs
    Also the 5th gen Accord shares alot of parts with the 4th gen, so that's something you can think about as well
    What do you have in mind?

Also check out South Australia Honda Club, the owner had a cb7 too
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Also pics of car please!

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Accord
    ill get some pics up soon, my plans are more for handling and brake upgrades before i do anything motor wise, would like to keep it a reliable daily more than anything so ill be tidying it up and slowly improving stuff. also gotta sort out the paint fade on the roof and bonnet and a small ding in one of the rear quarters.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Brake upgrades
    You can do a 5 lug converison with 1st gen odyssey front knuckles and 5th gen prelude rears

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Accord
    cheers for the heads up on the brakes! ill keep a look out for those bits!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by mrflibbles View Post
    also gotta sort out the paint fade on the roof and bonnet and a small ding in one of the rear quarters.
    Providing it's not too harsh, some resin polish, wax and an orbital buffer should clear it up fairly well. On an old Honda I am restoring, both the bonnet and roof were extremely far gone. The car had been sitting out in a paddock for years. There was no reflection whatsoever, however after a solid polish it came up like brand new.

Give it a think over. It's not an expensive endeavour either. Under $100 and it'll save you getting the panels resprayed.

Just my two cents. Good luck !