Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008

Civic FD MY10 (2010) - FD2R Front Bumpers?

Hey all,

First off, I'd like to say I'm very new to this site, and so where I may make mistakes, feel free to fix me up. But that aside, I was just wondering if the factory front bumpers on the FD 2010's are that of the FD2R (Type R) bumpers? They look very much alike, if not the same, minus the grille mesh.

Is this true, or am I just seeing things?

On top of that, I am aware that the FD2R body kit does not fit on the standard FD1's (do correct me if I'm wrong) due to different width issues, I think, but I was just wondering if this 2010 FD bumper will fit on my 2008 FD VTI-L? I only ask this, as the FD2R bumper looks nicer than the stock 2006-2009 bumpers, and that my current bumper is kinda smashed up from a car accident (wasn't my fault), and I was hoping to have it replaced.

Hopefully someone has the answers to my questions.. I'll say thanks in advance to those who contribute. Not sure how successful this thread will be, haha...

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    FD2R bumper is different to our FD bumpers. You need to trim part of the reinforcement bar at the front to get it to fit. In terms of the body kit, the side and the rear fits fine. Just the front needs the slight mod.

When Jprak enters the conversation, he can help you more. haah

Welcome

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Hey mate, thanks for your response.

I understand that the FD2R bumpers are different to the FD1 range, and it won't fit directly without a bit of tweaking. I was wondering if the factory 2010 FD front bumper would fit? This is what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure if anyone else sees it, but to me, this looks very much so like an FD2R front bumper to me, haha... Maybe just gut out those plastic fillers and install some meshing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Do you mean facelift onto preface lift?
    I don't even know anymore.

FD1 and FD2 are the same. Body wise.
    FD2 is the sports edition. But thats another topic.

What you are talking about is preface lift and face lift.
    Preface lift is 06-08
    Facelift is 09+

And yes. The face lift SHOULD fit the preface

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Oh, thanks guys. Sorry, wasn't aware of what it was called; my bad...

I know that the FD1/2 are the same, body-wise, of which only the FD2R is the one with a wider front or something like that. But yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

Anyways...Where can I source a facelift front bumper here in Melbourne? And can I also knock out those plastic filler things where the foglights are to install mesh grille for that FD2R look? (Or is that like a super ricer thing to do...)

And with a facelifted bumper...is one able to install these things from the J's racing design?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.29 View Post
    Oh, thanks guys. Sorry, wasn't aware of what it was called; my bad...

I know that the FD1/2 are the same, body-wise, of which only the FD2R is the one with a wider front or something like that. But yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

Anyways...Where can I source a facelift front bumper here in Melbourne? And can I also knock out those plastic filler things where the foglights are to install mesh grille for that FD2R look? (Or is that like a super ricer thing to do...)]
    Yes you can knock them out an put mesh there. The plastic is held in by 1 screw.

As of the Js air duct. Im not sure

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    hello all

yes facelift looks like a fd2R but it isnt.

the airducts of Js racing not sure it'll fit but cant confirm as i havent bought a set.

ive put a Js lip on the facelift bar and it fits with minor mods

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    Yes you can knock them out an put mesh there. The plastic is held in by 1 screw.

As of the Js air duct. Im not sure
    Awesome, I'll look into one and apply the meshing if I can get my hands on one. Do you guys know where I can source a facelift?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    hello all

yes facelift looks like a fd2R but it isnt.

the airducts of Js racing not sure it'll fit but cant confirm as i havent bought a set.

ive put a Js lip on the facelift bar and it fits with minor mods

Looks good, mate. Look forward to seeing it sprayed and installed

Where'd you purchase the lip from? and for how much, if you don't mind me asking?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.29 View Post
    Looks good, mate. Look forward to seeing it sprayed and installed

Where'd you purchase the lip from? and for how much, if you don't mind me asking?

wont be installing it as i already bought a fd2r replica bumper with carbon js lip and air ducts

hmm lip was on ebay but they dont sell it nomore...
    price? forgot, ages ago >.>

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    wont be installing it as i already bought a fd2r replica bumper with carbon js lip and air ducts

hmm lip was on ebay but they dont sell it nomore...
    price? forgot, ages ago >.>
    Oh, interesting. In that...don't mind if I ask you where you bought your FD2R replica bumper with the J's CF parts for it, and how much for?