Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    before purchasing my jazz I was reading posts at the usa honda fit forum where their vehicles were coming out of mexico & they seem to have big production faults . thai didn't have any of these faults.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Well I guss they do now
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Well I guss they do now
    cheap out usa problems from this thread & the don't come from thailand
    http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-g...s-new-fit.html

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    I took a cvt for a test drive a few weeks ago. Loved the car, hated the transmission, so dead off the line. If i were to get one, I myself would go the manual. As for the drum brakes whingers, my first jazz, had done 180 thousand kms when i sold it, and the rear brake linings werent half worn! The brakes on my 09 , with discs, dont feel any different, so im not fazed by drums. As for the earth dreams motors, amazing things, BUT even if it were available, i wouldnt tick the box, i want my jazz affordable. I loved the amount of kit it had for the money, im pissed that the white is now pearl, leaving the only non extra cost colour being the doomed to fade, red.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    on top of your standard ge air box is a plastic cap held on with 2 10mm bolts. remove this, and youll hear your engine. Its a muffler for the intake.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    I disagree. In gli form ive owned a gd for 9 years and now a ge for 4 years. The gd didnt handle anywhere near as good as my ge, but the ge is not what id call comfortable.

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    i wonder if the new screen will fit in a ge8 plug n play

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by 08ESE View Post
    I disagree. In gli form ive owned a gd for 9 years and now a ge for 4 years. The gd didnt handle anywhere near as good as my ge, but the ge is not what id call comfortable.

I disagree.

GD>GE.

Have driven both, ALOT. In terms of handling.... GD is worlds apart from the grandpa GE. I do agree take off in the GE feels alot better then the CVT, but once you have the speed up so much easier to manage with the 7 speed box.

Now i can keep going on about how each version of the L15 manages its power etc etc or why spoon is still racing their GD.

I'd also say the GE is much comfier/lux then the GD. Honda fixed all the daily driver issues on the GD with GE. Reduced Blind Spots, extra storage spaces, more cupholders etc etc.

on top of your standard ge air box is a plastic cap held on with 2 10mm bolts. remove this, and youll hear your engine. Its a muffler for the intake.
    Do not do this. Dumb move just for sound. Go buy a $20 pod filter from supercheap if you wanna do this.

One day a tiny rock/seed/some small object is gonna flick up in his engine bay and get sucked up into the engine....KABLAMOOO!
    Last edited by amant02; 05-10-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    i wonder if the new screen will fit in a ge8 plug n play
    no I put a 7" screen in my Ge jazz & the screen in the MY15 is a different shape totally.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    I disagree.

GD>GE.

Have driven both, ALOT. In terms of handling.... GD is worlds apart from the grandpa GE. I do agree take off in the GE feels alot better then the CVT, but once you have the speed up so much easier to manage with the 7 speed box.

Now i can keep going on about how each version of the L15 manages its power etc etc or why spoon is still racing their GD.

I'd also say the GE is much comfier/lux then the GD. Honda fixed all the daily driver issues on the GD with GE. Reduced Blind Spots, extra storage spaces, more cupholders etc etc.

ive owned both, gd 9 years, ge 4 years and have found, MY gd was far more comfortable than MY current ge, the ones you have owned might have been different?. The Ge i have is harsh, you feel every bump on the road, and it handles a lot better than my gd did, and the gd was lowered, both cars have had the same set of rims and tyres, put them on the gd before i sold it then changed them to the ge. The gd also had a better put together interior by a longshot.

both my jazzes have been gli 1.3 manuals. The gd was a tad better on fuel, 5.3avg and the ge about 5.6, BUT the ge will EAT the gd performance wise, it punches well above its weight.

Having said all this.... i wouldnt change my ge for a gd. The ge is a much better car. I do agree they fixed a lot of gd quirks. The ge doesnt "lift a leg" over ruts, having longer rear suspension, its blind spots are a lot better, the rear seat can fold down without losing the seatbelts or having to dig for them when lifting the seat back up. I can change headlight globes with my eyes shut, and not have to pull the inner guard out. I can also fit almost any set of mags to it without worrying about them hitting the calipers on the front.

ive also noticed on the new jazz, that they have fixed my main peeve about the ge, The rearvision mirror.... if i make it low enough to be able to see past the 3rd brake light in the back window, its in my face, and if i lift the mirror out of my way, all i can see in the back window is the brake light.
    Last edited by 08ESE; 06-10-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post

Do not do this. Dumb move just for sound. Go buy a $20 pod filter from supercheap if you wanna do this.

One day a tiny rock/seed/some small object is gonna flick up in his engine bay and get sucked up into the engine....KABLAMOOO!
    as for this reply, go have a look, take it off, and you will see this cannot happen, all that there is under this cap is a void, which is SEALED. its completely impossible for it to suck up anything, as the air path is not changed in any way. Also a pod is a waste of $20 and if you get pulled up, a defect ( in qld anyway )

don't worry about amant02, he has no idea what planet he's on.

no JDM car will do that to you.