Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda

constatnt flat battery!!!

hi guys..i drive a gen2 LS teggy..if i don't drive my car for 2-3 days..the battery is drained! i have no idea why this is happening..i bought a new battery and also got old one tested but i got told they were perfectly fine. Could anyone point me into the right direction on how to fix this! its sooo annoying!!!

cheers, any help would be good help!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    What you need to do is go and see an auto elec. It sounds as though you have a power drain. they will be able to find it with some tools they have that measure current flow. its like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes so it can be expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    if u have installed a new battery and its still draining it.. then most likely there is an electrical device in there that is draining it flat... get it checked out and find the source..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    Do you have a sound system? and did you install it yourself?

i can recomend a good auto-electrician if u want

I would start looking at any new electrical parts you have installed lately, like an alarm, stereo etc

Headlights on ???

heheh
    did you change anything when it started happening ??
    boot light on ?? Dont laugh mine feel into the paneling and was switched on i never noticed it, left my car over weekend and flat battery. it took me a while to figure it out

Member Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    All of those things would be classed as a power drain i would have though. it would be unlikley it was something you did as it sounds like a small short maby a light globe or something....

Unless you have soemthing that can measure current goodluck

{EDIT short of the last post blody customers}

{EDIT2 I worked at Battery World for 12 months. saw this alot. go in there and they will check your alt}
    Last edited by civic__dd; 13-01-2005 at 10:00 PM.

it could be your alternator, with my dads old datsun ute (I know it is very different to a honda) it had the same problem, the battery would go flat in a couple of day, we brought it to many auto electricans they could not find a problem and being a datsun with the stock radio there is not much electrical stuff.
    But when the alternator stop charging the battery and got another one and the problem disapeared.
    At work we get a few cars with the same problem, just go to an auto electrican or something and get them to test your alternator.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    ahaha..i wish it was that simple boys! yeah..my dad rekons its my alternator as well...umm i got headunit and 6x9z running through amp..nothing special..just happend reccently but..i had amy headunit and speakers running 1 year ago..so yeah i'll probaly take it to electrician! this is gonna kill me! $_$

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Do you have an alarm?
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    dont think it matters anymore hehe
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre