Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Car sounds lumpy - running rough

I haven't looked into it yet but my car sounds like it has a lumpy cam skipping beats n shit every now and then...... maybe a cylinder not firing properly? Anyone else have any other ideas?
    Last edited by infurNOS; 23-08-2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: title change

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Check your ignition leads
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Any other ideas for me ?

Replace spark plugs with some new NGK coppers to suit your engine

DC2 or DC5?
    EG

Dc2, already dobe ngks a month ago....
    Seems to me that the gearbox could be on its way maybe?

Seems to me that I loose power as I drive. .. like a jolt feeling its causing

Quote Originally Posted by flukey11 View Post
    Seems to me that I loose power as I drive. .. like a jolt feeling its causing
    Most likely ignition related - does it make the missing noise at idle ? Have u checked the spark leads yet - on both the engine and distributor ? Did you put the spark plug leads in the correct location on the dizzy ?

Also do you have a aftermarket exhaust or muffler ? This can exacerbate any kind of noise from the engine

Everything is corrrct. It feels like when in gear it misses a few horses then continues to go then same thing again... but yes it skips beats in idle where before it wouldn't

Also now it sounds like a back fire coming from unfer the enhine when I change gears

Could be something like a loose gasket on the header collector - when you shift the engine pitches back and forth and opens the exhaust up a little giving this loss of power or missing feeling-
    Maybe you hit a speed bump underneath? Just a thought it's free to check it out :0)