Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2

Coilover pre load

Hey guys just chucked on a pair of buddy club n+ (second hand) but I played with the springs (much regrets ) and now my rides uncomfy and I was told your not suppose to touch them would any know how to adjust it back to the way it was much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Inb41stimeuserwithcoils.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    preload should only be few mm (1-5mm? ish) so the springs aren't moving, i think
    Last edited by hoaanguyen; 06-09-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by btdc2 View Post
    Hey guys just chucked on a pair of buddy club n+ (second hand) but I played with the springs (much regrets ) and now my rides uncomfy and I was told your not suppose to touch them would any know how to adjust it back to the way it was much appreciated
    When you say played with the springs, what did you do exactly?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2
    Like compress them

If you've done that...

Replace the springs might be your only option to fix it...

What were you trying to do by compressing springs?
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 06-09-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2
    I just adjusted them to the same length cause they been played with before like one side spring was longer then the other
    So pretty much I just need to know what they should be at

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Bro go to a wheel alignment shop.

Ofcourse work out what settings you want before heading in.

Things like how low, if you gonna buy camber bolts and kits what camber you wanna run etc etc.

Probs will cost approx $140 for full height adjustments, camber adjustments, toe adjustments etc.

This way you know we will be safe when you hit a corner @ 7k rpm.

I just adjusted them to the same length cause they been played with before like one side spring was longer then the other
    So pretty much I just need to know what they should be at
    Best to contact Buddyclub then man, they're probably the best guys to check with and can order you replacement springs, alternatively if you know what the ID and length are of the springs, you can order yourself another brand like Tein or Swift, etc...

Do this ( per corner/shock) - with no weight on the spring or shock.

Back off the locking perch and wind down the spring perch until the spring is loose again.
    Wind up the SPRING perch slowly until it just grabs the spring bottom, just so the spring sits firm and cannot move.

This is 0 mm preload.

Now adjust your bottom perch and mounting to your desired height and away you go

Now , a few coilovers / Google tells me a slight preload of 5mm for the street.

So , simply use your C spanner to raise the top perch 5mm from the middle locking perch. Confirm this with a vernier caliper or similar measuring device. Then wind up the locking perch and tighten firmly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2
    Alright mad I was looking thanks bro