Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need help b18c eg sedan

Hey guys, on the weekend the car was running fine and somehow it stopped working. It cranks over and over and over and it does not want to fire. I have tried the basic problems, fuel, air and spark. It is sparking, I have fuel, and I have air. Tried using start ya bastard stuff still not working. I have tried googling the problems but it can anything as the problem. I did a check engine light for fault codes, fault code was code 20 its.some elecritcal load detector? I researched about the eld and the eg sedan does not have a detector. Engine is not flooded with fuel.

I am getting an engine compression after I finish work.

just wondering is anyone can help or had this problem b4?

the car was converted b4 I bought the car, I could assume bad wiring.somewhere?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Try a spare dizzy

can you smell fuel on the plugs?
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    check spark coil is within spec and also check for fouled plugs. I had a simlar issue a while ago and every single thing looked a ok but car didnt start untill i changed both coil and plugs. I got a brand new TEC one for sale if needed
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Ive checked and smelt no fuel on the plugs, I took off my dizzy and plugged into my friends car and it started up fine. But bcpz he was in a rush I didnt get a chance to use his dizzy on my engine :/

Plugs are still ok i gave them a cleaned but i guess it shouldnt hurt with new ones. Ill try changing them tomoz

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    check your Main PGMFI Relay

Fuses and relays are good aswell. Took battery off and let it reset too. Still nothing

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Solder the main relay and check all engine grounds (gearbox, thermostat housing, rocker cover, battery)
    OEM parts whore

Everything is all fine, compressions all good still no starting ;(

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    Main Relay or the Dizzy

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Can you hear the fuel pump prime with ignition on?
    OEM parts whore

I checked the relay, dizzy, icm, fuel pump is still functioning

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    nice!
    part time potato