Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux

[CL9]removing resonator B

does anyone removed the pre-muffler on Cl9? and replaced it with straight pipe?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Not that I know of, most people either keep the stocked exhuast stocked (because the stocked exhuast is fairly free flowing even with the resonators, the only real restriction on it is the cat [900cell on a pre-facelift]) or they go full cat-back. If your still running stocked cat (900cell prefacelift, 400cell pro-facelift), then removing the resonators will literately do jack all.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    coz i was planning to remove the resonator B and replace it with straight pipe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD CL9
    yea I want that too. Is it legal to replace with straight pipe?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    look at one of my old threads,

I made a thread of all the various systems and setups.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    maybe you can link me?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Not hard to do a search but here it is:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-sound-thread
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Not hard to do a search but here it is:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-sound-thread

I have read your thread and it is a great one

Im after 4. Factory Exhaust, Both A&B resonators removed, Magnaflow resonator installed.
    However the sound is quite loud and I think it may be better to keep resonator A and replace B with magnaflow resonator.

What size is the magnaflow resonator used? and any people have tried before?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by s20061188 View Post
    I have read your thread and it is a great one

Im after 4. Factory Exhaust, Both A&B resonators removed, Magnaflow resonator installed.
    However the sound is quite loud and I think it may be better to keep resonator A and replace B with magnaflow resonator.

What size is the magnaflow resonator used? and any people have tried before?

Might as well add some pipes and make it a full system (or at least til the axle bit)

for the cost of that it may be cheaper for you to see about a el-cheapo setup from eBay or somthing:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acura-TSX...3aacd#shpCntId
    Last edited by Fredoops; 23-09-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Might as well add some pipes and make it a full system (or at least til the axle bit)

for the cost of that it may be cheaper for you to see about a el-cheapo setup from eBay or somthing:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acura-TSX...3aacd#shpCntId
    That would be too expensive for a modified stock exhaust and I might dont want to get cheap exhaust system as well.
    Getting a straight pipe to replace premuffler would be a better option.
    Is there any cons for this setup? like affecting the back pressure or the police would not be happy to see this or i wont get a pink slip with this setup?

many thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    One big-ish resonator is enough (resonator a) no need for a second one since it would just make it sound stock again.

The resonator to remove is esonator B, because no one makes resonators that short., so to replace b with something else is almost impossible, unless you look at race mufflers which are very expansive for what u get.

Alternatively you can just change the mufflers by itself and start from there
    Last edited by Fredoops; 23-09-2014 at 11:53 PM.