Did 2002 EP3 ever come with stock HID?

I noticed that my headlights have HIDs which the previous owner said was stock. This sounded surprising to me because the pre facelift ep3s have reflector housing. I always thought cars with HIDs stock had to have projector housings.

This is the warning sticker behind my headlights saying theres a billion volts that will kill u if opened.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    SSpamily

Interesting! Thanks, so u are confirming ep3 2002 did come with it stock yes?

Yeah they came stock with HIDs in japan. They're meant to be removed and rewired for halogens during compliance but most still have them
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxual View Post
    Interesting! Thanks, so u are confirming ep3 2002 did come with it stock yes?
    didn't you just post pictures of ur HID ballast?
    SSpamily

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Yeah they came stock with HIDs in japan. They're meant to be removed and rewired for halogens during compliance but most still have them
    ahh this explains it, I'll consider myself lucky they didn't convert back to nasty halogens during compliance muaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Technically during compliance to change to h4 they are supposed to change the whole headlight assembly to the aus ep3 non r ones but they're naturally lazy so most still running d2r bulbs and hid ballasts
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE