Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC2R Tune Help!

DC2R Tune Help!

So I currently own a PY 2000 DC2, mods currently include
    - Injen CAI
    - Xforce 4-2-1 Headers
    - Xforce Twin-loop
    - 2.5" exhaust system although unsure of brand.

I'm currently looking to get it tuned and just have a couple questions that I'd like to have addressed before going ahead with it.
    - I know there's no way to give a specific number but Id like to know what I would be roughly looking at with a s300 tune, I'm hoping for 130atw or close too. Though I know I could be way off considering that's just going off what I've seen other cars get with similar mods.
    - How much $ am i looking at paying, that's for both the s300 and the tuning.
    - Are there any mods that I should look at getting before going ahead and tuning it? I was considering a skunk2 Intake Manifold and Throttle body, but upon research quite a few people said that they don't make any difference and it's more likely i actually lose power.
    - Can you guys reccomend some places that I should look at taking it to and have it tuned, maybe places i should be avoiding as-well.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    1 - you can expect numbers anywhere between 100 - 140 "kilowasp" numbers
    2 - ask the person tuning your car. If you have stock ECU, you'll need to buy an OBD1 ECU as well as an s300. Won't have much change left over from $1300
    3 - Depends who you ask. I recommend buying the whole TODA catalog before tuning is done.
    4 - hehe

on a serious note, there's many ways to setup the tune..... top end or low down talk. Don't let numbers get you hung up. end of the day, how nice it drives will please you more than a figure on a piece of paper.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Don't let numbers get you hung up. end of the day, how nice it drives will please you more than a figure on a piece of paper.
    Das it.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    ^

just for reference, I have similar mods + skunk2 IM/TB, tuned @ SAS and results were 140.5kw atw. Paid close to 1900 without s300 but that was because I had to fix issues and replace parts prior to dyno tuning, if you're car is 100% then tune could cost anywhere between 600-1000 (without s300) depending which shop you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by cceebz View Post
    ^

just for reference, I have similar mods + skunk2 IM/TB, tuned @ SAS and results were 140.5kw atw. Paid close to 1900 without s300 but that was because I had to fix issues and replace parts prior to dyno tuning, if you're car is 100% then tune could cost anywhere between 600-1000 (without s300) depending which shop you choose.
    What type of parts etc needed replacing if you don't mind me asking
    Using Tapatalk

Yeah good advice

Make sure your engine is tip top before throwing money at a tune.

Also aim for torque not a total hp figure.....

IMO (in the real world not race car) altered gearing will have better results , for the same $ spent.

Over all drive-ability and maintaining a good level of fuel efficiency as well as power should be considered. Look for gains over the entire rpm range not just peak Whp.

Hondata+ecu - $700+
    Tune - $600+

go and service your motor with a nice synthetic oil, and look into some long tube 4-2-1 header if you haven't already bought the x-force unit yet.

Look for numbers around 115-120wkw, and 130+ wkw on higher reading dynos. Then take it to the 1/4 mile and post up your results for others in the same situation to gain knowledge.
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiEk4 View Post
    Over all drive-ability and maintaining a good level of fuel efficiency as well as power should be considered. Look for gains over the entire rpm range not just peak Whp.

Hondata+ecu - $700+
    Tune - $600+

go and service your motor with a nice synthetic oil, and look into some long tube 4-2-1 header if you haven't already bought the x-force unit yet.

Look for numbers around 115-120wkw, and 130+ wkw on higher reading dynos. Then take it to the 1/4 mile and post up your results for others in the same situation to gain knowledge.
    The mods I listed are already in the car and I actually just picked up the car from service yesterday so I'm all clear on that part. Sorry I'm not too knowledgable on this type of stuff but having better numbers throughout the whole rpm range rather than a higher peak rpm will result in quicker times?
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by cceebz View Post
    ^

Stock motor 140kw

WAT
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    SAS seems to read really high, when I first went turbo I was living in Sydney and first tune was there- made 156atw, dyno'd again back in Adelaide with no changes and only made 141. That was without a proper exhaust etc etc.

Ages ago when the car was N/A I made 86 on one dyno and 104 on another with no changes (SiR B18C) with press bent exhaust and hot air induction. Always try to use the same tuner/dyno now for comparison.

Don't worry too much about the number.

As for quarter mile times, there are so many other variables that will affect your time far more than 5kw at the top end vs midrange, all things being equal- drag racers will generally go for top end as that's where the car is racing. That's not where most people would usually drive though and a meaty mid range generally makes for a more enjoyable drive including on the track for a circuit style event.
    Last edited by mooshie; 22-09-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    The mods I listed are already in the car and I actually just picked up the car from service yesterday so I'm all clear on that part. Sorry I'm not too knowledgable on this type of stuff but having better numbers throughout the whole rpm range rather than a higher peak rpm will result in quicker times?
    It means that the car will be responsive and have a wider power band, more fun to drive. Rather than getting a masive kick at vtec cause it has shit all low down power.

The 1/4 mile thing is just for reference, to see what 1/4 times coresponds to what wkw.
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    What type of parts etc needed replacing if you don't mind me asking
    Replaced faulty ecu, o2 sensor, chipping kit for new ecu, I'm sure there are a few things listed on the receipt that I can't remember atm... If there is a problem with your car though you will most definitely be paying extra to get it diagnosed and sorted before you can even safely tune it.

@cbauto - yes, stock motor, you even said 100-140 "kilowasp" yourself lol.. but yeah even I was surprise with results, I want another power run on different dyno (maybe v&e rigoli's) to see if there's much variance. but at the end of the day numbers wasn't the goal, my aim was to get the car running 100% all day everyday..