Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC5R Owners I need your Opinions

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well and having a good week so far! Quick question, looking into getting a new car soon. Owned a VTI-R teggy a little while ago and love her (even with her list of problems, but she wouldn't be a honda without problems) I've fallen in love with the look and luxury of the DC5's and I'd like to know what do you guys think about the car?

Any DC5R is good, preferably aim to get a manual but if you want the comfort factor get the Auto.
    Also, what are you seeking?
    A performance car or a simple cruiser?
    Performance car by the DC5R
    Cruiser the Luxury is more than capable.

Both are great cars, practically the same just the DC5R the performance DC5 model obviously (Bodykit, different motor, interior, suspension etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hmm subjective question here.

Test drive both, then check your wallet.

The answer is normally there when you check your wallet.

also my true feelings about my car, its slow, like really slow. (dont tell anyone)
    The lux ver has a weaker motor and lacks true vtec.
    Last edited by amant02; 23-09-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Whats not to like, its very reliable, cheap to run, has a huge boot and 4 seats and drives like a touring car.
    If you get the JDM version it has an LSD, Recaro seats, momo steering wheel, Brembo brakes, sounds great as standard and revs to nearly 9000 rpm.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
    Whats not to like, its very reliable, cheap to run, has a huge boot and 4 seats and drives like a touring car.
    If you get the JDM version it has an LSD, Recaro seats, momo steering wheel, Brembo brakes, sounds great as standard and revs to nearly 9000 rpm.
    Lol?

Aus version has Recaros, LSD, momo steering wheel.

K20 will never rev to 9k safely without modding. Fact.

Someone's got one big red sore backside that they don't have the JDM version.

If you actually read his post, he was merely stating what the JDM version has and that it revs to nearly 9,000 rpm.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfleader View Post
    Someone's got one big red sore backside that they don't have the JDM version.

If you actually read his post, he was merely stating what the JDM version has and that it revs to nearly 9,000 rpm.
    If you read his post again, you will able to tell even thou he might have the JDM Version. He still is wrong. His implying that these don't come in the Aus Spec.

If you want to get that technical with me. Aus DC5r can rev NEARLY to 9k as well.

Therefore 99% of the things his trying to compare Aus spec already has. Mate trust me after today, I will never be jealous of another Honda ever again.

(NSX and S2k not included in the statement above)

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    I chose to read your post again.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Some just wont understand the beauty/engineering/technology to rev to 9k.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Cxi
    I have a Dc5r and they are a nice car to drive. Vtec is abit tamed being I-vtec but can change that with a few mods. Good for a daily and i admit when i see her sitting there in the car park, it makes me happy i own it. As stated above, depends on what your goals are, then check your wallet.
    TrOLLing Aint Easy!

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Get a Type s, most all arounded out of the 3 (lux, type r, type s)

Better motor, lux interior, 6spd manual what's not to love?
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    I used to own a DC5R, I loved that car. I won't sell it if I didn't absolutely have to.

The 2006 Type S no doubt is faster than the AUDM DC5R, I'll still choose the R due to better chassis reinforcement, recaros, momo, Type R kit, and the little things like the front brake cooling ducts.

I'm just a sucker for a Type R, that's all LOL