Integra VTi-R gearbox seizing up...

Hi,

My gearbox shifting has seized up hard over the past couple of days. Now it's to the point where you have to be a bodybuilder to shift each gear. Neutral is ridiculously hard to find and it's really hard to slot into gear resulting in grinding sometimes.

I've just changed the transmission fluid and adjusted the clutch higher also. Hasn't helped with the issue at all. I'm suspecting it's the gearbox itself... what do you guys reckon?

Might be clutch not disengaging all the way or a transmission problem.

Does it engage all gears ok with the engine off? If so possibly clutch, if not probably transmission related.

If it is only the clutch, check fluid and bleed. Check slave cylinder is activating correctly and not leaking. If all ok take the transmission off and inspect.

From your description with not being able to find neutral it does sound like a transmission/shift fork related problem.

Thanks a lot... great post. To my knowledge the gears don't engage even when the engine is off.

I'll try it again in the car later...

Taking the transmission off might be too big of a job for me! lol

try what i said in your post under noob section, who installed your shifter?
    W.P. 1.10

AKMotorworks installed my shifter many years ago.

Will this happen when the bushing grease is dried out?

Could also be the clutch plate springs have dropped out - is the clutch high kms? Also have you recently been doing some high rpm downshifts with a dropping of the clutch? These can cause the springs in the clutch plate to fracture their little housings and pop out between the flywheel and the clutch plate making disengaging very difficult and would cause a preload condition on the clutch meaning that gearshifting would also be compromised.