DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    I like getting spoon fed
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    none yet
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    You need to get yourself the PGMFI schematic for the Engine and study it. You can then take what you been from the cabin harness and make your own harness u p from that.
    I had a bit of a search but I'm not sure if the schematic you refer to is tied to the car, motor or ecu.
    Any tips on where/what to be looking for?

TIA
    A beautiful mind trapped inside an ugly head. Viva la Hilltop Hoods

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKaos View Post
    I had a bit of a search but I'm not sure if the schematic you refer to is tied to the car, motor or ecu.
    Any tips on where/what to be looking for?

TIA

hint:

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    none yet
    HMMMM, no idea sorry, that's one of them movie stars isn't it?

Member Array
    Car:
    none yet
    So it's Samuel L Jackson out of Pulp Fiction, but I don't see how copulating with someones maternal parent will help me wire up my injun....

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    find yourself a copy of the DC2R service manual floating around, In the manual you will find the PGMFI schematic under the fuel section

Member Array
    Car:
    none yet
    AH HA, sorted thank you Man.

Is it still possible to buy new sensor and ecu plugs to save splicing the old stuff into a new harness?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKaos View Post
    AH HA, sorted thank you Man.

Is it still possible to buy new sensor and ecu plugs to save splicing the old stuff into a new harness?
    If you have the money to buy something you already have.

Sure on your rules for rego? Sure it doesn't have to meet emissions standards?
    When I was researching building kit cars the engine had to comply with an older version of the emissions standards. If that's not the case for you then awesome but it would suck if you got told the wrong thing until rego time...

Also re ecu. Get it running with stock stuff then rip out all the wiring and wire it all up from scratch. Don't stuff around with harness adapters and stuff. My thoughts anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    none yet
    Yes quite sure, I've already employed an engineer for the build and according to him (and others I've spoken to) any ADR 37/00 complied car (motor) can be used under the new NCOP rules for ICV's. These cars are already emissions compliant.
    This is in Qld only though, other states, particularly NSW are different and more difficult.
    In Qld the TMR is not involved at all any more besides paying your money and picking up the plates, the engineer now signs off on everything, it's a huge improvement for us.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    For the harness issue, may I recommend looking at an ek4 harness. It's a one piece harness that runs directly to the ecu, not a half harness like the dc2's is.
    But, if you're planning to run an aftermarket ecu, could be an investment to get an aftermarket engine look too. Some can plug directly into the obd1 and will look better too. They're more of a tucked hidden harness.

Member Array
    Car:
    none yet
    Thanks for the info, though I'll def make a new harness, hence why I asked about getting new plugs.
    Trying to put 15-20 year old harnesses into a new, different shaped car if fraught with danger IMO, to many solder joints, loose ends, excess wire etc is a recipe for gremlins.
    Making the harness is easy enough once you know what needs to be in it.