Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Toda B's for DC2R

01 DC2R

Im looking at doing a cam upgrade for my daily drive (once a week, lol), and came across a lot of reviews of the Toda Bs. Anyone had experience with them, or can recommend something better that they know of?

My motor is all stock apart from header, exhaust and intake, looking to improve in the mid range, with a mildly lumpy sound

Will i need to upgrade valve train and would I need cam gears, I would be tuning with Hondata.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Im pretty sure these aren't drop in cams.

Look at the lift duration offt.

I think your looking at more then just springs and retainers, things like adjustable cams gear and fueling maybe needed to be addressed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Im pretty sure these aren't drop in cams.

Look at the lift duration offt.

I think your looking at more then just springs and retainers, things like adjustable cams gear and fueling maybe needed to be addressed as well.
    So a little too big then, Toda A will be better, ie streetable without having to worry about fuel mods?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I would say B would be streeable too. Just will cost a little bit more, but I bet the pull and that agro crossover will make you wet.

Man im no pro. If were to build a b series again, I'd go with a full buddyclub headpackage, which I wanted to do before I moved on K series.

Speak to the person who you want to tune. Their advise is worth every penny in my view.

I would say B would be streeable too. Just will cost a little bit more, but I bet the pull and that agro crossover will make you wet.

Man im no pro. If were to build a b series again, I'd go with a full buddyclub headpackage, which I wanted to do before I moved on K series.

Speak to the person who you want to tune. Their advise is worth every penny in my view.
    I just looked at the Toda B specs..wow, looks like i would probably need to do a compression bump up to. There goes that idea.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    I just looked at the Toda B specs..wow, looks like i would probably need to do a compression bump up to. There goes that idea.
    I don't think you need to. Isn't the B18c7 already 11:0:1? from memory. Correct me of im wrong.

Have a read of this.

http://hondaswap.com/threads/b-series-cam-guide.12660/

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hey Wait a minute your a mod.

Shouldn't you already be educated in this topic of camming an engine?

From my years of research and various engine builds (all minor). Protip, Where are you gonna draw the line?

Cos when people on the net say no corners cut etc etc..... they have drawn the line somewhere. They know it themselves they couldve gone futhur.

Hey Wait a minute your a mod.

Shouldn't you already be educated in this topic of camming an engine?

From my years of research and various engine builds (all minor). Protip, Where are you gonna draw the line?

Cos when people on the net say no corners cut etc etc..... they have drawn the line somewhere. They know it themselves they couldve gone futhur.
    Silly comment lol, us mods are here to help with the behavior and overall running of the forum, not being masters at everything cars.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Ozhonda if fkd, can't even quote in reply.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    B cam is not lumpy

D cam is streetable

You need valvetrain upgrade with B's
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    years of research cultivating potato
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Rocket Motorsport M22X is a nice camshaft for B18C7
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8