Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6 Lux

Removing the Gen7 Dual Zone Radio/CD/HVAC Head unit.

For anyone still interested in completely removing the Gen 7 2003-2006 Accord/Euro Radio & 6 CD Dual Zone Climate control Head unit and installing a Tablet/Car computer or aftermarket Head unit in this top location, not the lower cubby, then this may be of interest.

I removed mine 5 years ago and fitted an 8" Touch screen, with Full control of the HVAC Climate Control via Software and/or a small Remote control unit.

Recently I decided to make an attempt to cut in half that big (relocated in my case) HVAC/Audio board. This has been successful.

I have started a write up with pictures for this modification and soon to be 10.1" Surface pro tablet install.

The firmware for the Micro interface and the remote is FREE.

If you know how to solder and can build two relatively simple devices, then you can remove the Radio/CD and relocate the (now small) HVAC board out of the way. The HVAC retains FULL functionality and with just a 4 wire connection (or $20 wireless link) to the remote unit allows you to fit any type of HVAC control buttons and LEDS anywhere in the vehicle (or on the remote itself) - NO CAR-PC NEEDED.

The original modified unit with CAR PC interface and remote has been running FAULTLESSLY for 5 years.

Here is the Link: Gen7 HVAC Relocate

EDIT - FYI How the system connects together.

Last edited by MikeCl; 29-10-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Holy shit, you're the guy who had problems with the auto tranny.

how you doing, you're the inspiration for me to start that auto transmission thread all those years ago.

EDIT: PUT YOUR INCAR PC BUILD IN A THREAD HERE!
    Last edited by Fredoops; 28-10-2014 at 09:50 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Holy shit, you're the guy who had problems with the auto tranny.

how you doing, you're the inspiration for me to start that auto transmission thread all those years ago.

EDIT: PUT YOUR INCAR PC BUILD IN A THREAD HERE!

Hi, I rarely get replies to my posts so it's nice to hear from someone.

I'll post this new install of a 10.1" Surface pro 2 here once I get started, this device is what prompted me to cut the OEM HVAC/Audio PCB in half and get it completely out of the way.

Like I mentioned, I removed the OEM head unit, relocated the HVAC Dual climate control board and installed an 8" touch screen and CarPC around 5 years ago, still working faultlessly to this day.

Actually I never had a problem with my transmission - still don't - but I wanted to research the history and sort truth from fiction with the Honda 5AT. Glad a few people find it of some use. I've read you posts a few years back when you created that very helpful thread.

BTW I have updated a lot of the Trans info on my web site as more research and data has come to light over past few years.

Finally, I have just completed a true test of OEM and external transmission coolers and removal of the OEM warmer/cooler, in conjunction with "TRUE" TC outlet Pressure and temperature measured at 100ms sample rates, all logged and graphed. It revealed the flaws in every past attempt to correctly measure cooler efficiency and transmission temperatures, and also dispels typical Google quotes as utter rubbish when it comes to this Honda 5AT - There is so much incorrect "I think" information published as fact on forums, most of it now proved incorrect and misleading, and I defy anyone to fault my sensor locations, installation, measurement accuracy or real time graph data. Still ongoing data to be posted as summer temperatures arrive.

LINKS
    Cooler Testing

Sensor Setup

I also posted a lookup chart and info for the OEM Transmission temperature sensor, this allows someone to simply place a $20 Digital Meter across the lead from the sensor and measure ATF temperature. Of course I have a small device that can also displays the sensor output in Deg C.

LINK OEM ATF Sensor

Apology for long post and getting slightly off my original topic.
    Last edited by MikeCl; 29-10-2014 at 09:41 AM.