Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro Alarm

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Euro Alarm

Hi All,

It's me again. Was fooling around with my Euro, I locked the car with the remote while I was inside the car, and tried pulling up the door lock on each door. I found that the alarm only came on when I unlocked the front passenger door. Unlocking any of the other 3 doors resulted in the alarm system being disabled (light flashes, and red security light turns off). Locking the car with the remote, then putting the key in and starting the car results in the alarm going off and the car not starting. Please post your experiences with the alarm.

Thanks!
    Last edited by aaronng; 19-10-2004 at 11:01 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The standard factory alarm only has a panic and intrusion alarm with immobilier... When u were in the car and went unlocking it, it's just the intrusion alarm, when u tried to start it, it's the immobiliser kicking in.. but from the way u described it.. it seems like weird having this sort of factory alarm...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just edited my post to make it more clear. Intrusion alarm is supposed to sound when any of the doors are unlocked without using the key or remote right? I found that it only worked with the front passenger door and not the other 3 doors... Guess I have to see the dealer about this

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    what it actually has an audiable alrm??
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    yep....out of habit, went to the atm and locked the car with people in it...and came back to find out when they tried to leave the car...the car alarm went off.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    i think there was a thread similar to this already.

EDIT: can't seem to find it. u're excused
    Last edited by toE; 20-10-2004 at 05:02 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hehe, yeah, I made it a point to search first before posting. I read on the TSX forums that there is a 15 seconds delay before the intrusion alarm is set after you lock the door. I'll try again later.

What I found was worrying yesterday, because for the driver's and rear passenger's doors, unlocking from the inside didn't sound the alarm and instead turned off the security system! (red light turned off). That means anyone can bash through the window, pull the lock and then start the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    What I found was worrying yesterday, because for the driver's and rear passenger's doors, unlocking from the inside didn't sound the alarm and instead turned off the security system! (red light turned off). That means anyone can bash through the window, pull the lock and then start the car.
    It would still be a pain in the ass cause you need the key for immobilizer, but for the pro's it wouldn't matter.

Has anyone heard of a Euro getting stolen yet?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    No, but on the TSX forums, there have been a few stolen. The only thing that the immobilizer can deter is a opportunistic thief and maybe an owner who forgot his keys.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just tested my Euro. The system needs 15 seconds before the intrusion detector is activated. After 15 seconds, the pulling of any door locks will set the alarm off. I guess yesterday I exceeded 15 seconds for the front passenger door before opening, while for the other 3 I unlocked them immediately after locking with the remote.

Thanks for your info!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I have to try this. I take it you sit in the car and lock it with the key remote. You then wait a minute or two then unlock the door pulling the door lock and the alarm goes off?

How do you turn it off? does it reset it self or do you have to unlock it using the key?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yeah, after 15 seconds, if you pull the lock, the alarm goes off. If under 15 seconds, then the security disables itself.

Press the unlock button on your remote to turn off the alarm.