Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Just did a compression Test last night, and they come out quite ok except for Cylinder 1.

CYLINDER 1- 125 PSI
    CYLINDER 2 - 155 PSI
    CYLINDER 3 - 155 PSI

Stock compression Ratio is at 10:1 so guestimate when it's new should be arround 180-190 psi.
    Not bad for a 23 year old engine.

So narrowed down to the distributor that is faulty. I have a couple of check light last time which I couldn't clear it.
    One of them is the TDC sensor and the other is the No 1 Cyl sensor

Just FYI I do have sparks, the Coil is external, not inside the distributor.
    Took the whole distributor assembly out the other day, and it does convince me that the distributor pick up point / the TDC sensor is rooted.
    it was full of rust and overall wasn't in such a good condition. I did a clean on it, with contact cleaner and WD40. I might have made it worst LOL...

So my guess is that the ignition timing is sparking at totaly wrong timing and that why it doesn't wants to turn over.

I do have a replacement part for the whole distributor assembly, but it wouldn't come for another month as is was put together with other parts that i bought and it's inside a container that my mate bringing in to Perth.

I also have a spare b16 engine/box set up that needs to be assembled, so mean while i probably just finish the b16 and get it all together before is start pulling appart the current engine that is in The Beat as I wanted to wait for the new replacement distributor to come and then check if the current distributor is the culprit.
    Last edited by 040501912; 05-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts