Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Gab ss
    My word of advise.

The coils that retail in the $1k range. Few of them are good. Good for track junkie. They do some serious time. Not so good for daily driving, stiff and bumby ride. They have 12 month warranty for a reason.

Coils in the $2k range, good for daily, not so good for track but should deliever enough performance. May require other mod like bushes to get the most out of em. Better built and most likely rebuildable and have way more adjustments.

I havn't had a chance to own 3K+ coils so cannot tell. But have read mostly excellent reviews about em.

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Gab ss
    I meant Japan or Malaysia made...

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    My word of advise.

The coils that retail in the $1k range. Few of them are good. Good for track junkie. They do some serious time. Not so good for daily driving, stiff and bumby ride. They have 12 month warranty for a reason.

Coils in the $2k range, good for daily, not so good for track but should deliever enough performance. May require other mod like bushes to get the most out of em. Better built and most likely rebuildable and have way more adjustments.

I havn't had a chance to own 3K+ coils so cannot tell. But have read mostly excellent reviews about em.
    Yes and no...

The $1K ones only 'good' on smooth roads [tracks] and perform because they're so stupidly stiff they 'eliminate' roll. Give it even mild adverse conditions and watch it react unpredictably [bad surface or conditions].

$2K usually feature much better valving, construction and more ideal spring rates. They're good for daily and the occasional track and with the right setup will outperform the 1K one easily.
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 11-10-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    gab ss out of malaysia use yellowspeed inserts

if ur getting gab ss, just get yellowspeeds and save yourself the money
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    My word of advise.
    Price has nothing to do with the feel or behaviour of the coils.

It's about the type and construction.

Most of the south Asian cheapish coils, such as BC BR, Dr, Ksport etc are mono shock coils couples with a stiff spring rate to allow ultra lowering etc. Hence why they tend to be stiff since mono tube shock were once upon a time reserved for track duty suspensions.

Also majority of those cheap coils use a cartridge type shock (tube within a tube) which makes rebuilding dead easy compared to single body shocks where you have to manually replace the oil inside.

If you are after comfort go for a twin tube/valve shock based coil over with a softer spring rate.

Look at the specs and type of build rather than merely the price tag.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I meant Japan or Malaysia made...

Yes and no...

The $1K ones only 'good' on smooth roads [tracks] and perform because they're so stupidly stiff they 'eliminate' roll. Give it even mild adverse conditions and watch it react unpredictably [bad surface or conditions].

$2K usually feature much better valving, construction and more ideal spring rates. They're good for daily and the occasional track and with the right setup will outperform the 1K one easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Price has nothing to do with the feel or behaviour of the coils.

It's about the type and construction.

Most of the south Asian cheapish coils, such as BC BR, Dr, Ksport etc are mono shock coils couples with a stiff spring rate to allow ultra lowering etc. Hence why they tend to be stiff since mono tube shock were once upon a time reserved for track duty suspensions.

Also majority of those cheap coils use a cartridge type shock (tube within a tube) which makes rebuilding dead easy compared to single body shocks where you have to manually replace the oil inside.

If you are after comfort go for a twin tube/valve shock based coil over with a softer spring rate.

Look at the specs and type of build rather than merely the price tag.
    Agree.

We 3 are still coming to the same conclusion, Want the specs you gota pay.

All the more reasons them coils in the 1k region not the best for DD.

PS: You have to look at the price tag before you look at the specs. noimsayin?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    just my 2 cents

my s2k is on TEIN SRC - they are brutal on the street with 16kg springs..
    i have run KWv3 tey are amazing on the street. 10/10 ride quality but too expensive.

i have run BC racing coilovers BR series in my old ap1 s2000, 2 sets in 2 seperate accord euros and my mate has a set in his WRX club spec.
    for the price you pay and the service AUS wide, they are ideal for someone who wants coils for the street.

can run them soft and cruise - they feel fine, if you wana go nuts, just stiffen them up and off you go. for the price you cant complain. i have never had an issue

cheers
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Take a look at Silvers Neomax R coilovers for the S2000. Been running them in my DC5 and they are a real step up from BC BR's in my opinion. They cost a little more than the BC's but they should be in budget at around $1500. OTR Motorsports in Melbourne stock Silvers and BC's and they highly recommend the Silver's Neomax R over BC BR's as they are only marginally more expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdc2r View Post
    Take a look at Silvers Neomax R coilovers for the S2000. Been running them in my DC5 and they are a real step up from BC BR's in my opinion. They cost a little more than the BC's but they should be in budget at around $1500. OTR Motorsports in Melbourne stock Silvers and BC's and they highly recommend the Silver's Neomax R over BC BR's as they are only marginally more expensive.
    +1

I have experienced the Silvers R and was very surprised how good they were for a taiwan made,and thats coming from a china/taiwanese parts hater hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Kw v3
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    bought my s2k with bc br coil overs and think they are pretty decent for the street, they can go super soft and super hard so the adjustment is there for your needs. i think i have them about half way to deal with the bumpy brisbane roads. I've owned the car for over 3yrs and they still feel the same when i bought the car... i also never feel like "i need better suspension"

I'm sure there is way better out there, but for price they are you don't need to go past them

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by RIHIA View Post
    bought my s2k with bc br coil overs and think they are pretty decent for the street, they can go super soft and super hard so the adjustment is there for your needs. i think i have them about half way to deal with the bumpy brisbane roads. I've owned the car for over 3yrs and they still feel the same when i bought the car... i also never feel like "i need better suspension"

I'm sure there is way better out there, but for price they are you don't need to go past them
    but have you tried others? I've driven with stock for a year and don't feel like i need new suspension either
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Kw v3
    zeal super function
    SSpamily