Integra DC2R RTA installation issues

Hi All,

So I decided to replace my RTA's on my 2000 DC2R, and got a new Hardrace pair from a vendor in Sydney.

Bought a Schley bush removal tool from the US, and it's a nicely made item which helped remove the OEM bush no problem at all.

The problem started while trying to install the Hardrace items, I could just not get them to go in straight at all, and in the end, managed to damage them as they would start leaning to one side (which I didn't notice at first) and the pressure against the edge of the RTA hole ended up bending them.

I tried using the 2nd bush, with a touch of axle grease around the edge, same problem, so now I have 2 brand new hardrace bushes that are damaged and unusable. I tried the OEM busing again, and it went back in with no issue.

So after wasting a number of hours and throwing away money, not sure what to do.

Honda want around $1000 for a set of RTA's (they dont sell the bush separate) but don't want to kill another set if Hardrace is my only option.

From what I can tell, there's maybe a 1mm difference in the diameter of the Hardrace to the OEM ones, and the Hardrace doesn't have much of a taper on them to help it locate.

I didn't really want to have to remove the arms entirely as the whole idea of the Schley tool is you don't have to. And the OEM goes in and out no problems.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by tseesinngwailo; 07-10-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    I payed my Brother to do my rear trail arms.
    I remember he did complain about the Hardrace RTA though.

I found this:

I found this.
    Might help

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-install-issue

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    use a bench grinder to remove some edge off it. as in a pilot taper.

then buy a big hammer.

this is how I did it.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    just keep grinding if you can't get it in in 5 mins.

as long as you don't grind more than 1/3 of the bush.... the rta bush is only held in on one half.

hard to explain without pictures.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    honda sell bush separate. the dealer you went to are just dumb fuks.

yea grind the edge of bush so it can slide in properly. hardrace rta is lil bit bigger.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

When I did mine they were a bitch too, ended up using 2 G clamps. 1 each side of rta, crank them as tight as you possibly can then knock it with a brass hammer and it goes in like 1cm at a time. Alternate sides with hammer.

Also, how damage are the hardrace bushes? Pics?

Thanks for the info guys, I am using this: http://www.sptool.com/index.php?page...mart&Itemid=11 I did see the other link here on Ozhonda, but its a few years old now and doesn't seem to have much apart from using a big hammer.

The bushes now look egg shaped as when I was trying to get it in, the first one I just wasn't watching both sides closely until I realised it had caught on the side of the hole which then bent it out of shape. Trivett Honda Spares was where I rang for a quote and was told I had to buy the complete arms, they are my closest Honda spares.

JDMConcept has OEM ones so I might just go with them, Just noticed Blacktown Honda is now Alto Honda, do they have their own spare parts or do they get them from Trivett?
    (\__/)

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    What about heat the hole up with blow torch?

I don't know if I want to heat it up much, but I have ordered a set of OEM ones from Japan, so hopefully will have a crack at it again in a couple of weeks.
    (\__/)