Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    lolmclol and cbauto.

Potato's

You really think there is real research being done on disadvantages of these technology.

Or you think money is being spend researching on the benefits of these technology?

Lets face it, Not everyone is Takumi and can do Human ABS 100% at all times.

- There is no replacement for the idiot behind the wheel.

My view.
    I dont think I said anything wrong, maybe expect that disadvantages line, but im referring to the topic of its making drivers worse.

Hey they call me potato, only fair if i get to call em potato back right?

PS: I know it will bring hate in the spamming world. meh... been there already.
    all that JDM car envy has turned scrambled your brain

we all know who the real potato is here, and that's you

amant02 the potato of potatos

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfleader View Post
    amant02 the potato of potatos
    fkn LOL

told
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Eren EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    You mean 'safety' as in
    "ill let the abs do the braking for me, cuz im no good at it'
    'esc because i take 90 degree corners in the wet at 70kmh"
    'tc because... well i have no pedal control'

All them safety features fool you into believing you're not going to get into a crash, it may happen
    But the mindset all that safety does may make you a careless driver
    Heh, is laugh like extreme loud, i am hear, in ear, isnt you is have crash a lot?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    doubt its the oil pump

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    I'm keen to see some research that backs your opinion.
    And where would you expect to see research?
    Why would there be research? The only thing would be how it's making cars easier to drive, and to control.
    If you think about it, back in the 70's and 80's, none of the cars had airbags, tcs or abs. Yet, people didn't crash and die all that often (granted, it was more than today. Whether that is because of unsafe cars, lack of safe roads, lack of laws, lack of focus on driver training, etc. is unclear)
    But, think about it; Airbags give people something to rely on/ something to stop them dying in the car. Abs? Something to stop the tyres locking up, should they need to brake hard (ie, any instance on gravel, according to the abs. And coming to the lights, cause god knows how many people like to just slam on the brakes at the lights for no reason). Tcs? Those who feel like stomping it (granted, not all that common in old ladies, but pretty common in kids). The airbags, whilst they do save peoples lives, and I'm not arguing that they aren't useful/ needed, I'm saying they give people more security/ less reason to worry, should they crash. Whereas if you crash in a car without one, you're pretty boned. So, more or less, if you have a car without those features, you're pushed to want to drive more carefully/ be more wary. You know when your brakes lock up (whether it be from finding out once, or from feeling it), you can tell when you don't have traction.
    Again, I'm not saying it's bad to have safety, I'm just saying I think it's caused driver skill to go down a bit/ get lazy in a sense, as they don't have to worry about a car crash being fatal (which, they half shouldn't have to worry about dying, but at the same time, you shouldn't really have in your mind 'well ****, If I ever have a head on at 110km/h, I won't die'

More or less common sense, and putting 2 + 2 together, to make fish. I'm still adament on teaching people to drive in older shitbox cars for that reason. Not in heavy traffic flow to begin with, but, it seems to give them a better understanding of how the car works. Also better to learn how it works, as there is less electric run stuff, which is handy.

Although, it's probably just coming from me having an older car. Every other person I've talked to with a car pre-abs/tcs/srs has thought the same. Could be bias/ arrogance from my part, but it does make sense/ show a bit (or at least, if bias, highlighted by bias)

But, again. It's an opinion. There wouldn't be any research on safety features having the possibility of any downsides. It would probably not go down well anywhere.

but, had a small gander, and found this, which doesn't really go on much so the same side I'm talking about, but makes other good points;
    http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...worse-drivers/
    Another good one;
    http://www.crankandpiston.com/lifest...worse-drivers/

Also, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm an amazing driver because I have a car without driver assists, nor am I saying I'm any better because of it, or that I'm an awesome driver in general, blah blah. Just saying, it does make sense that it takes away the skill required in a sense. Only by a small margin in some cases. And also gives you an added sense of security, which can also get you a bit too comfortable, etc etc.
    But yeah.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    fkn LOL

told
    What a fake account posts doesn't count.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    What a fake account posts doesn't count.
    who u calling fake?
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    who u calling fake?
    Givme another chance to call you potato.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Givme another chance to call you potato.
    you lost that chance when you proved that you were a potato
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nguyen View Post
    Heh, is laugh like extreme loud, i am hear, in ear, isnt you is have crash a lot?
    LOL fuk
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    you lost that chance when you proved that you were a potato
    Man get of your high horse. There are posts that you look super potato too.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Literally cannot use this forum whilst I am at work. It hates anything and everything mobile, it seems. Weird