Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010

Civic VTi-S 9th gen sedan, $23990

Honda have 2014 build plated M14s on run out drive away atm, $23990. Obviously selling due to MY15 spec cars arriving but not a bad price.

Picking one up next week, previously had a 2008 8th Gen vti-L & 2010 Accord vti. Inclusions on newer models much better than a few years back but are still a little less than other mfgrs. That said, this is a lot cheaper than the comparable SX corolla. Also a whole lot lot quieter in the interior!

Would have liked footlights....Hondas'... accessory price is ....well ....high to say the least. Suppose all mfgr's are. Got the usual's thrown in: tank of petrol/Mats.

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    I've got coils for this car for sale if you're interested

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Pity you deceided against the SX Corolla...I think its superior to the Civic,as do most other buyers in this segment.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    Hi Antony

The civic cabin NVH was way way lower than the corolla. Also the Corolla SX was listed as $29600'ish dirve away byt the dealer. yes should be $28753, so they were gouging. So I looked at the manual, $26400 DA...still thousands more than the civic $23990 DA.

Also the dash layout by the rolla was...."boxy" if you know what I mean. Sure they both have large ocean sized dash's but the civic was better here.

It came down to price....the civic was thousands cheaper.

edit:
    Forgot to mention...the front drivers seating in the rolla was cramped and less leg room for me and the steering wheel reach adjustment was poor. The Civic seat could be rolled back further and the steering wheel reach was much better. In fact I have to come fwd from the full rear seat position in the civic where as the roll I was full back and still cramped, I'm 187cm. The rear seating in both...the civic had more knee room (front seats full rearwards) and a very slight more head room. Though both are not as much as the Accord.

Also the manual rolla 1st gear was ridiculously short but must say the 6 speed was nice (except for the 1st gear). Not enough to get it across an intersection without reaching for 2nd. Probably made this way for hill starts or towing...but who'd tow with a rolla?
    Last edited by brokenback; 13-10-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010

Hondalink and start safety warning, iMID

Anyone have hondalink working with their iphone thru the iMID display?

Supposed to need the Honda leads and app? Are there alternate leads?. Just wondering if it's worth it can you use it with the car in motion or is it for stationary vehicle only. Don't want it for navigation. Yeah stupid question but the damn manual is poor to say the least.

Pretty much this will be the same for all iMID vehicles that can use hondalink.

Also ...anyone know how to get rid of the "Honda safety warning" when you turn the vehicle on....apart from activating reverse or pressing "agree" on the screen. I have searched and found nothing on this.

Damn annoying thing!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    One thing I'm not too happy about.

The civic Hand Free Telephone (HFT) system on this civic is well and truly hobbled compared to what it could be....deliberately so, just read the manual and there are pages about the HFT ...but...all pertaining to OS models...~ 2 pages to Aust models!...Pffft!. My old Accord with the Honda BT I could use "siri" to tag call users. The system in this new civic has no "siri" integration I cannot "tag" call people and the iMID phone interface is nothing but a right royal screw-up in trying to search for people use the system or call them. As said my old Accord Honda BT could do "siri" activation and calling but this one cannot. There is no way to fix this as you need the extra steering wheel button like that on the Accords.

Why did Honda do this. I would have paid more to have the "siri' integration, but no they are too mean spirited to even offer this or let alone tell you this is missing! Its obvious the iMID can support this ...just need firmware and extra button on the steering wheel. Pretty much every other mfgr offers this as a base...but Honda....no! Ok, this is not the be all to end all but it is frustrating to have to loose functionality when moving to a newer vehicle that far surpasses the old in every way.

Well done Honda...ya cheap bastards!