Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Koreans been whopping Japanese ass for years now.

I'd take a Korean than the current Thai junk any day of the week
    I am starting to lean that way too.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Official figures from Honda is that 75000 Euros have been sold locally so far.
    45000 are CL9s
    30000 are CU2s

That's a lot of cars by the way...maybe Euro resale figures will climb over the years,as a lot of people will still want a used one .

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Resale don't usually go up on killed models.

With the lifting of the p plater turbo ban I'd hazard to say the resale should drop by quite a bit
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    China will be an interesting market,as they are getting the new Spirior as a replacement for their Euro,as well as the fully imported Acura TLX,which is everyone elses replacement for their Euros.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    I think my next car might have a squiggly "H" badge and it might be this very roomy car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbjdmw8D9-Y
    I've bought a.... Je
    No. I've ordered a Genesis Ultimate... Putting money where my mouth was. I tried one for 3 days earlier this year. Very impressive car. I looked at the Benz E/BMW 5/Audi A6 and was underwhelmed at the cost of "options" that are standard on the Genesis. The car is 3 months away though.

I'm afraid that the current Accord just doesn't rate with me. And once you've experienced the serenity of the Genesis cabin (it's so quiet) and its luxury fit, finish and equipment, the Accord feels cheap. Granted, the cost of the top V6 is nowhere near that of the Genesis Ultimate but I couldn't stick with Honda this time around; after 5 five successive Honda purchases.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    I know we are all honda nerds.. but the main reason people don't buy a car is due to styling.

the CL9 had good sales and the sister RB Odyssey had a huge increase in sales. Mainly due to the styling.

You look at the new accord and it looks like a ford falcon from 5 years back.

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    I've bought a.... Je
    No. I've ordered a Genesis Ultimate... Putting money where my mouth was. I tried one for 3 days earlier this year. Very impressive car. I looked at the Benz E/BMW 5/Audi A6 and was underwhelmed at the cost of "options" that are standard on the Genesis. The car is 3 months away though.

I'm afraid that the current Accord just doesn't rate with me. And once you've experienced the serenity of the Genesis cabin (it's so quiet) and its luxury fit, finish and equipment, the Accord feels cheap. Granted, the cost of the top V6 is nowhere near that of the Genesis Ultimate but I couldn't stick with Honda this time around; after 5 five successive Honda purchases.
    Sad that they didn't bring in the V8 for the Genesis.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Sad that they didn't bring in the V8 for the Genesis.
    I would have got the V8 if it was available. I made the salesman swear that it wouldn't be available before I ordered the Genesis Ultimate. It sounds more likely that Oz might get the forthcoming (2017-2018) turbo V6 with equivalent power and torque of the V8. That might be my next car.

I'll still have two Honda's in the garage though; for now.
    SPQR

How much movement is there on the Genesis's price?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Here is a 6 month old demo Ultimate for under $70K:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...7455237/?Cr=14

You can haggle despite it being a new car.
    SPQR

Genesis could be a game changer if marketed correctly. It took over 20 years for Lexus to become established and Toyota spend over $1b US dollars building the first Lexus LS400 in the late 80s. Hyundai need to do something similar like Toyota to get luxury car buyers to take notice and start buying into the brand.

With relatively unknown branding of Hyundai making luxury cars, resale will be savage with the Genesis.

Here is a video on how smooth the Lexus V8 are
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqFI2wtUVU

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Here is a video on how smooth the Lexus V8 are
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqFI2wtUVU
    As they say in the video: Find the right Champagne glasses, level the bonnet, nice smooth and not sudden revving of the engine... Voila!

I didn't detect any vibrations from the Genesis V6 while I had the car for 3 days so maybe it could do the same. Imagine that, a car one third the price of an LS460.

I agree that Hyundai does not know as yet how to sell luxury cars in Australia. A bit like the criticism Ford dealers have copped earlier on knowing how to sell cars other than Falcon. If you have watched Hyundai since its beginning in Australia as the Bond Motor Corporation in Western Australia to now as I have, you'd know that it would be foolish to dismiss it. Just as foolish as the German dismissal of Lexus when it first started.

http://www.hyundai.com.au/about-hyun...pany-australia

I'm taking a gamble on the Genesis. I know the resale will be low as for any expensive car but I intend to keep it for a while.
    SPQR