Hello,

I have a CL9 Honda Accord Euro Auto, I noticed that my brake pedal seem to go down a bit further then I liked when I purchased the car. Fast forward a year later and the brake still feels to engage low but only slightly worse.

I bleed the brakes but they still feel the same, I re-bled them. I've blocked off all the soft brake lines and the softness is still there so it must be something up from the brakes itself. I noticed that the brake MC had a leak so I got that replaced.

The brakes feel exactly the same and not driving any other honda accords I don't know if that's just how they all are.

I just wanted to check how far does the brake pedal go down before you start actually braking? My car pulls up fine and also can engage ABS no problems but if I do try I feel like the brakes don't have much room if I needed to push it down in an emergency, I could actually push the brake pedal to the floor if I try.

Does this seem normal? I have been assured it is normal by mechanic but he said come back if I want him to re-bleed the brakes.

I just don't know if Honda Accords have low spongy pedals standard, it doesn't seem like they would. I thought they would all be rock hard like most other cars I have driven.

Cheers