Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: D16y4

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    The reason for the mods that I recommended are to stiffen handling, the adjustable coilovers are to alter height (duh) but also alter the stiffness. I.e the rebound and dampening rate.
    Sway bars is once again to reduce the movement and stiffen the driving. It helps to reduce body roll from side to side, meaning through the corners you aren't having the inner wheel lift and loose traction.
    Camber arms is to dial in on the sweet spot where the wheels have optimal +/- camber for traction. Lowering a vehicle gives it natural negative camber (top leans in).
    The strut bars is to reduce body twist.
    Rear brace (forgotten the name) is required to upgrade an ek to accommodate a larger 22/24mm sway.
    Control arms is just replacing pressed steel with strengthened and lightened alloys. Last thing you want is a broken control arms.

I may be young, but I ask far too many questions to my old man and his car mates. I've also been through hell on my ek. And I'm sure I've gotten some of that wrong...

I'm not trying to be a dick. Just trying to get some respect back and earn my place.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    To be fair here.

Dylan is kinda correct in what he said.

Handling, Stopping power, Cooling all should be addressed before chasing power mods.

Buhhh I don't think his approaching it the correct way.
    Thanks for standing up for me though

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    Holdens with superchargers also make shit all power in a tank of a chassis.
    He wanted to know what he could do to it. Typical mods are HEI. If he wanted to later, then maybe go boost.
    Hell, HEI are cheap enough and high enough demand that he could sell it off afterwards anyways.
    yeah supercharged 6.2lt make fuk all power

Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    yeah supercharged 6.2lt make fuk all power

b18c with i/h/e can smoke ur sc 6.2l easy bro
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    b18c with i/h/e can smoke ur sc 6.2l easy bro
    mate its not i/h/e, its HIE

get it right can u please?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    upgrade to aftermarket alloy arms, stronger....
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Alloy rim upgrade
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

D16y4

The only v8 commodore that has been released is the new hsv vf club sport, and even then it wasn't like that off the factory floor. Other than that, it was only the vt an some of the vs. They were a 3.8L and made a little over 220hp in a 1.5t chassis. In comparison to even a d series with a turbo on it, the commo has no power in a heavy chassis.
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 04-11-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    The only v8 commodore that has been released is the new hsv vf club sport, and even then it wasn't like that off the factory floor. Other than that, it was only the vt an some of the vs. They were a 3.8L and made a little over 220hp in a 1.5t chassis. In comparison to even a d series with a turbo on it, the commo has no power in a heavy chassis.
    history lesson in australian automobiles
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    10/10 would read again
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    part time potato