Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9

88 CRX All Motor or Turbo

Good evening all. I am going to be buying another CRX around March/April next year and cant decide on what to do yet? I don't want to do any engine swaps and will most likely go a D engine but I will see what is available at the time. I have had a turbo D before and it was awesome but if it is easier to go an all motor route (mostly due to getting it all engineered) then I will do that.

My thoughts are as follows so far:

I/H/E
    Throttle body
    Injectors/Fuel rail/Fuel Pump
    Intake
    HD Clutch
    Lightened flywheel
    ECU
    Camshafts
    Cam Gears
    Aluminium Radiator
    Most likely need forged internals to handle increase

Just wanting to know peoples thoughts and experiences on either or both.

Thank you,

Aaron.
    Last edited by White Noise; 07-11-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    B16 that revs to 14k apparently is kswap killer
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    I would like a b16 but there are very few out there that I can see. Besides I know the D16 engine a lot better. 14k JESUS!!!

DO the mods I have above work well together and get decent output? I am after something legal most importantly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I'm not too clued up with the b16 engine, as I've ever only had h series and f series. However, the best person to speak to is cbauto, he is currently building a few b series including a b16 kswap killer, so might be best to see what he says about the set up you are after
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    Thank you for the help mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    b18 swap it, all those mods on a D series not worth the $
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    Is it expensive to do a swap? I'm more worried about the legal side of it. Don't want to do all this work then get screwed over for it. What about those mods on a B16? Although most the ones I see are B16 swapped CRX's anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
    Is it expensive to do a swap? I'm more worried about the legal side of it. Don't want to do all this work then get screwed over for it. What about those mods on a B16? Although most the ones I see are B16 swapped CRX's anyway.
    those mods on a B16 will be alot better as it's a better platform to start with. Legal wise I'm not 100% sure, you may just need a blueslip to rego the engine to the car.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    If that's all it is then I am definitely better off. I will check with my mate who does blue slips and see what he says. If I have to do the swap myself do I need to mod the suspension for the new motor or just new mounts and ECU? Sorry for the newb questions not sure on the process.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    If that's all it is then I am definitely better off. I will check with my mate who does blue slips and see what he says. If I have to do the swap myself do I need to mod the suspension for the new motor or just new mounts and ECU? Sorry for the newb questions not sure on the process.
    new mounts + conversion harness + ecu + shift linkages + cable to hydraulic clutch conversion + driveshafts.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    Jesus Christ, lol. Looks like I should look for a half cut then. So does everything bolt right up apart from the motor and mounts? Or is it a full custom job? If so rough figures on the install? Sounds like I am better off buying one already done. If the blueslip is all I need will go that route then. I don't mind if its a bomb. Its going to be a project car anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Jesus Christ, lol. Looks like I should look for a half cut then. So does everything bolt right up apart from the motor and mounts? Or is it a full custom job? If so rough figures on the install? Sounds like I am better off buying one already done. If the blueslip is all I need will go that route then. I don't mind if its a bomb. Its going to be a project car anyway
    No need for a half cut, most engine sales come with most bits.

Since the engine most likely wont be from a EF8/9 you'll need shift linkages + conversion harness + mounts + cable to hydro conversion. With all those aftermarket bits it's straight bolt in.

If the engine is from a EF8/EF9 make sure you get everything mentioned above with the sale as its straight bolt in.
    OEM parts whore