Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4th Generation civic

dual carb to fuel injection??

hey guyz
    is it possible to change from dual carb to fuel injection?? if it is able to how much would it cost....the engine is d15b4 from 4thgen civic...
    thankz

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    What motor are you going to swap in? Whatever you decide on, go with a complete front cut to get everything you will need. Add in the cost of an EFi fuel pump and a surge tank, auto electrician etc. Best bet is a ZC from a JDM CRX as a cut or a SOHC VTEC front cut. Both go straight in as long as you have all the parts.

Don't bother trying to change the existing motor to EFi itself - there's no point.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i got quoted abt 6k to do the whole swap to b16a incl gearbox....but i heard its big job...all the wiring needed for the fuel system,

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    mayb he wants to fuel inject his d15?

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    it wil cos around 1700 for the instalation doe a d16a8 engin will cost about 1000 with warenty im paying 3500
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    How would you change the d15 to efi? swap the head and fuel tank and lines? Then there'd be ecu aswell? That all?

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aimre
    mayb he wants to fuel inject his d15?
    That's why I said "It's not worth it".

It isn't worth it at all with that motor - I used to own an ED6.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Generation civic
    the reason i was asking about fuel injection conversion was because my carb is stuff and i thought maybe if i do fuel injection conversion would be cheaper......seems like its not cheaper...anywayz thanks for ur replyz guyz...
    laterz

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    you can get a set of carbs from the wreckers for about $100. I doubt you could do the conversion for anywhere near that.

I have a twin carb 92 Civi Model just wondering what is the cheapest way of increasing power?

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Do a search man. there is a thread in the articles section about twin carb mods. Or check out this thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1416 There are some free/very cheap mods you can do to the carbs. Apart from these it gets more expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    i got quoted abt 6k to do the whole swap to b16a incl gearbox....but i heard its big job...all the wiring needed for the fuel system,
    who quoted u that?