Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowering advice

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro

Lowering advice

Hi all,

I'm thinking of lowering my euro and would appreciate some advice,

firstly on some economical springs, basically just to lower the ride perhaps between 1"-2" (ie. handling is OK for me, so not after adjustable shocks etc, just want to lower for looks)

I went to pedders today who quoted $660 fitted, which seems a bit high to me I was hoping i could find something around 400 - unrealistic?

Anyway, the main thing I was after some advice on was the experience of those who have lowered their car regarding practicality, this is still my daily car / family car, my wife drives it and I hook up a trailer every now and then for a trip to the tip etc. How impractical does the car become after dropping say 1.5"? Will I be scraping on every driveway, and speed hump etc.

Appreciate any advice.

btw, check out my photoshop lowering (this was real cheap!) how tough does the euro look dropped right down. (yeah I know this is much lower than 1.5" and that this would be TOTALLY impractical etc - looks cool though)

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/...02470_copy.jpg
    Last edited by qmjona; 12-04-2005 at 01:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Definatley spend the money and get quality springs or Coilovers...
    I've lowered mine just over 1.5', and I dont think it has affected the practicality of the car. Depending on the speed hump and driveway, u should be able to clear most. You will notice the car handles better than before. The ride will definately be bumpier compared to stock, the missus is gonna hate it..Be prepared...

qmjona,

What do you want to achieve? better looks or better handling?

If you want handling without the hassle of wife nagging, scraping driveways, I suggest you invests on quality rear sway bar. It does wonders to the handling of the Euro & corners alot flatter too.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Getting good springs for your car is ur no.1 priority if u want a comfortable ride. Since u don't want to get coilovers or adjustable shocks then i highly suggest getting Eibachs or H&R...

Those 2 springs would give u a good ride and lower it a bit... Since ur car has no bodykit or kit extentions then u shouldn't be scrapping once its lowered...

Of course with a lowered car it will become bumpier but hopefully it won't be too stiff that u can feel it inside ur body...

BTW uheheh man if u lowered ur car like in that photochop ur car will be impractical driving it...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black Euro Lux AT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum[Z]
    Getting good springs for your car is ur no.1 priority if u want a comfortable ride. Since u don't want to get coilovers or adjustable shocks then i highly suggest getting Eibachs or H&R...
    Hi Pum[Z],

How much should someone be paying for Eibachs or H&R installed? Is a camber kit required for the above?

Thanks

roughly $700 bucks. ( installed/ wheel aligned)

Camber kit is not necessary, but if you worry about uneven tyre wear on the rear you can install them.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Yeah as what baboo said...

Depends where u get em and how much they want to rip u off.. I remembered a year ago when i was enquiring about the eibachs they quoted me $900ish installed.. That was a load of rubbish back then and thats why i opted for adjustable coilovers coz if it costed $900 just for springs then it was more worthwhile to get coilovers..

But then again my gf got her eibachs installed for $550 for her car but that was on specials from the distributor...

Nop camber kits aren't required.. I haven't got any camber kits on my car yet.. Although i do wonder if i should so there is no uneven tyre wear...
    Last edited by Pum[Z]; 12-04-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    If you're going to track your car... Go Coilovers.. But it you're not, I suggest you just go for some Eibach Springs...

The Euro comes with -1 degree camber on the rear wheels, someone in the forum lowered it and the rear went -3 degrees after lowering, he had the camber kit installed and the rear camber went to -0.75 or something.. Search around for the correct figures

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Hey, qmjona. Dont know if you have read about KL1368's lowering experience. His honda dealer wanted to charge him $990 for a set of King's spring fitted.
    He found the rear end is much lower than front.
    worth a read that thread if you havn;t done so.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    I think anything besides King's for the Euro is good

I have Eibach's and it's nice except going over speed humps. The springs lowered the car by 1" or so and with stock rims it just covers those nasty 4WD gaps. Scraps going down steep inclines, but that's quite rare. Just go really slow and it's ok.

They are progressive wound springs, so softer ride for normal use and stiffer ride when pushing hard. I think that's a really good thing for the Euro cos it still retains the stock feel (90% of the time) yet doesn't compromise the performance. I guess any other brands which offer progressive rate springs (such as Eibach, H&R, Comptech etc.) are are good for the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Hey qmjona.

Not being a smartarse or anything, but maybe this thread might be of use.

Just trying to promote that thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    Thanks for the advice,
    I'll do a bit more reading but sounds like the eibach's are popular and won't make the car too impractical.