Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Decent quality driving lights - not LED's

Hey guys

Gotta take my 1994 4th Gen in to the sparky soon because I don't seem to have High Beam on my H4 lamps - only the H1's come on?

Anyway - I work nightshift; so every workday is a drive in the dark and being in the beautiful Victorian countryside, we have everything from Koalas to Cows, Roos and Foxes on the roads - so I wanted to get a decent pair of driving lights fitted too!

Anyone had any joy with a particular brand - and what position did you choose to mount them? I'd like something that suits the front of the 'Lude - but not LED's coz I want longer range punchy beams, not just dazzle?

Cheers

Steve
    Eternity - The Wrong Thing To Be Wrong About

Light Force

/thread

Rectangular lamps

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    Light Force /thread
    Thanks Hondarally - but - my mistake; I probably should have mentioned that I wanted something rectangular to fit into the grille and not spoil the 'Ludes front end appeal.

Cheers

Steve

Fair nuff

Not too sure what's available in a small-ish rectangular light. Ive used some Hellas in the past, but they were pretty ordinary. You tend to get better throw with round lights IMO.

Have you trialled any LED's? They seem to be the rage these days, and make some excellent driving lights. Personally I think they're still over priced, but I know a few people using them and they love them. They can give you excellent throw - the nature of the LED is a very narrow beam. That's why they need so many of them to give you enough spread (as well as diffuse lenses). Don't write them off until you've tried them. Maybe in a few years they will come down in price, but from all I have heard, they give pretty good light output (several mines are using them in their earthmoving equipment, including boom lights on draglines - these are normally up to 120m above the work area, and need to work in very dusty environments)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Subscribed for responses

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this matter
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Subscribed for responses

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this matter
    I see what you did there

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Get some fog lights, 100 bucks from US for non oem ones
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    That's pretty cheap! Might look into it

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by project_sokudo View Post
    That's pretty cheap! Might look into it
    You don't have a prelude, why would you look into it?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    You don't have a prelude, why would you look into it?
    My bad thought this was an s2000 post

Hey Renz - I've bought some HID's to go into the Lude's H1 high beam, will let you know how they go.

Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    That won't be good, they don't really spread the beam properly, I had some in my 5th gen, the beam actually shot straight up into the air...