Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    Hey Renz - I've bought some HID's to go into the Lude's H1 high beam, will let you know how they go.

Steve
    for the amoutn of time you have the high beams on, it isn't worth it

HID's wear most when you turn them on, so if you're just flashing at people to warn them of speed cameras, then it's no big deal

oh and flashing the beams too
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    That won't be good, they don't really spread the beam properly, I had some in my 5th gen, the beam actually shot straight up into the air...
    Here's hoping that our scenarios are different Renz - I have checked the alignment of the H1 HID gas plasma chambers compared to regular Xenon bulbs and they are identical within the headlight shell.

Cheers

Steve
    Eternity - The Wrong Thing To Be Wrong About

If you're fitting HID's into stock housings, the light pattern will be less than ideal. The HID's give off a different pattern to halogens, so the spread won't be as effective. I've converted HID's into a couple of sets of spot lights over the years, and the result is always disappointing, even with adjustable beams.