Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new GK jazz speakers are rubbish

even listening to the radio and mp3, bluetooth streaming... so rubbish sound quality compared to my old jazz Ge vti-s

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + GE8
    Which GK do you have? VTI has 4 speaker and I think VTI-S and VTI-L have 6 speakers(additional tweeters)

From personal opinion, I find the GD(Japan model) have the best speakers, its got really good bass and doesn't distort when turned up.

GE(Thailand model) on the other hand, seems to be clearer(more high than lows) but lacked the bass GD had. It distorts a bit and doesn't sound as good when u turn it up.
    Last edited by chow_tofu; 24-12-2014 at 11:37 AM.

i got the vti-s... no bass at all... next project will be speakers then im guessing

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Lol WUT Non of the Jazz speakers that I've seen are good.

They are made from paper. The magnet is smaller then my left nut.

Note - havn't seen the new one yet. Can take a guess, made from recycled paper to save on cost.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + GE8
    Hmmm seems like they've downgraded since GD for sure. We've got an 04 GD, my friend had an 03 GD and they had really nice bassy speakers. Far better than my GE so I decided to get a headunit and sub in mine.

But if I were you, I'd probably upgrade the speakers and get this if the stock HU has a RCA output. If not get the speaker-rca converter kit.http://www.alpine.com.au/showItem.php?item_id=162
    Last edited by chow_tofu; 29-12-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    oh wow at the cost of that RCA converter, you might as well get a new headunit wit 3x RCA out lol.

You know its easier for a speaker to create low sounds then the highs?

Also the GE speakers are better then GD ones. I know this for a fact.

Remember what sounds good is subjective. But I know for fact GE speakers are waaaay clear then GD stocks ones.

Jazz stock speakers are not good, chuck em out and even buy 3 way 6 inches. It will serve you better.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    the GK jazz has bluetooth and rear camera etc, i wouldnt swap out the display for a new HU, i would look at the low level converter to get the RCA outputs.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I agree, the GD speakers are quite good for stock speakers. In comparison to the other cars in my family, it is miles ahead.

Could be the made in thailand ones that dropped the ball.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Who supplies the speakers? i doubt very much they make the speakers as well, and shipped the speaker making facilities. the car is assembled in thailand under supervision of Japanese Managers. still the plant is 50% automated most of the manual work is doing up screws and operating the spot welders (not a man with sunnies and thongs sitting on the floor with a oxy set, it is a person in uniform moving a giant arm around plates of metal and spot welding the marked locations)

well started to do the speakers for the jazz... the ones that came out were in a plastic enclosure so i needed to get spacers for the new speakers. just running the speakers off the head unit for the moment
    spliced into the door harness and ran to cross over and the back into door harness to speaker. found when putting on the door trim the door trim wouldnt go on... so had to trim the door trim plastic. fit up ok... now gotta find a area to put the tweeter... and then repeat for drivers side... quite annoying... will be easier when i plug in the amp though

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT] View Post
    well started to do the speakers for the jazz... the ones that came out were in a plastic enclosure so i needed to get spacers for the new speakers. just running the speakers off the head unit for the moment
    spliced into the door harness and ran to cross over and the back into door harness to speaker. found when putting on the door trim the door trim wouldnt go on... so had to trim the door trim plastic. fit up ok... now gotta find a area to put the tweeter... and then repeat for drivers side... quite annoying... will be easier when i plug in the amp though

U should've sized up 1st. lol dw i made same mistake when doing mine.

Key is where the screws seat.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Lol WUT

They are made from paper. The magnet is smaller then my left nut.
    That's magnetism baby.

SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!