Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EP3 CTR

EP3 K20 engine mount bushing review ?

Hi All,

I am looking to minimize the engine movements, I don't want to use the standard damper. I saw few engine mount bushing and I want to ask here is somebody have experience with them on the EP chassis. my engine mount are new but I want something more then stock, ant not so expensive as CNC mount.

Powerflex have the yellow one (25%) or the balck series (90%)
    energy suspension don't mention there rate only that it 25% stiffer.

the car uses mostly for autox/Gymkhana few track day (not so hardcore (-; )

somebody have any experience with one of them or maybe other brand on the EP chassis ?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Dont waste on inserts.

Just go hasport. Peace of mind. Queit afforable if u ask me.

I think there is polyuthrene you can buy from bunnings and put on your current mounts to achieve same sorta thing.

Also if your leaning towards a heavy duty clutch, its a must that the rear mounts I think has to be changed.

I just went for a full kit. Very noticeable differance.
    Last edited by amant02; 24-12-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EP3 CTR
    I aware of the hasport and other CNC mount but I don't need them, as bushing should be enough for my use, and it more then 50% off the price.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by TAOTAO View Post
    I aware of the hasport and other CNC mount but I don't need them, as bushing should be enough for my use, and it more then 50% off the price.
    Inserts are waste of your money. Same thing achieved from a pack of polyurethane from bunnings. Cos thats what they are selling you sort of at a major ripp off price.

Of money is the issue, then I'd recommend just save, cos the hasport is a mod, do it once and forget about it. - Ask any tuner.

Like I also said, if a clutch upgrade is coming in the future, its REQUIRED. Or you gonna hear noises you dont wanna hear.

Save yourself the headache/money now. Do it once do it right. Only real way to save money when playing with cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    If you want inserts, just buy windscreen sealant from Bunnings (as mentioned) and pack it into the mounts where there are gaps. It made noticeable difference on my b series (but the mounts were near non existent on passenger side)
    Cheap and easy
    I think I did a write up somewhere
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6